1.2

I placed an order for the Ikea Hemnes Daybed for my new flat on 26th August for delivery on 01st September between 11am and 3pm. I received confirmation that the delivery was confirmed. On the day of the delivery I received no confirmation of my order and at 3:30 I called customer service only to be on hold for an hour before a human answered the phone to say the delivery had failed and my items would not be sent out. They assured me they rescheduled the delivery for Tuesday 4th September between 10am and 4pm for which I had to arrange for someone else to be at my property as I am working. This was also confirmed on 2nd September when I called back (48 mins conversation). Today at 9:40 I called customer service again to ensure the deliver was on schedule only to be told the reschedule was never sent for approval so it would not happen today. Another 2 hours conversation and absolutely no resolution or effort to rectify this error. They could only offer 4 days turn around to rebook the delivery.

There was absolutely no initiative from IKEA to either warn me of the failed delivery or attempt to satisfy me. The compensation offered was gift card simply guaranteeing further business from me.

This is completely unacceptable. At the bottom of the email received today there is a contact email address but when using it I received an auto-response saying that the email does not accept messages.

The customer service or lack thereof was complete rubbish.

They did not even try to accommodate me and even suggested that I go collect it myself. Over 5 hours total on the phone with customer service and no resolution

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments