1.4
Style and Design

I have spent 3 days and a total of 5 hours on hold to cancel a order I placed. First it took 3 weeks for the table to ship, I could have gone to Sweden and picked it up at the factory quicker, and then the shipping company they use only will deliver during working hours on a Wednesday if someone over 18 is home.

Hello, every person I know that is over 18 years old I know has a job!! Those are those things we go to all day so that we can afford to buy the things we do at IKEA. I will not be held hostage by a truck driver!! Well after going round and round with the shipping company I told them to cancel the order.

I then proceeded to spend 3 hours on the phone (that is after trying 48 tries just to get the phone number to pick up without automatically saying all circuits are busy) and speaking to 4 different people trying to cancel order and now today I get three different emails saying that I missed my delivery date and that they will be charging me a redelivery fee and/or restocking fee!!! Now I have been on hold for 72 minutes trying to once again speak to a customer service rep. to sort this out. I have called my credit card and put a dispute in on the charges since IKEA cannot even be bothered to answer the customer care line!!

I think there is just a bank of phones in an empty room and IKEA is counting on the fact that people will give up and hang up instead of holding for over an hour at a time.

Please spread the word....DO NOT SHOP IKEA. Hold time now at 85 minutes!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer satisfaction experience.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 09.

Comments

VagueRedAdmiral244

wow this is like the 4 complaint about their delivery set up!