2.9
Style and Design

I'm a loyal Ikea fan, am talking about a 30 year love affair as I'm European. I ordered a kitchen during the kitchen event and had to order some more cover panels and hinges. Lamar first of all made the mistake of charging me twice earlier this year and this resulted in weeks of phone calls to get the refund. I gave up and re-ordered during the Fall 2014 kitchen sales.

I had a few items left to order and both Lamar and a supervisor named Marshall (from "The Escalation Team") refused to give me 20% off. I reminded them that Ikea is in fact a tax evading company that is registered as a non-profit in the Netherlands, that I am a single, disabled female with a spinal cord injury who could not have anticipated needing hinges and the cover panels earlier, and that the Akurum kitchen soon will be discontinued.

There will be no Akurum kitchen from February 2nd, 2015. Both Lamar from Kitchens and Marshall from Escalation refused to honor 20% on a $200 dollar order for which I would have paid $99 to ship. So there, I have a nice kitchen, not fully complete, it is the day before Christmas and Ikea is not flexible nor interested in making a deal. Lamar admitted he had given people a 20% discount if they ordered within a 2 week time frame after the sales event ended early November. So through the computer system it is possible, they just won't do it.

I like my kitchen but will never again get furniture or anything else from Ikea, on account of lack of customer service and overall tardiness when it comes to returns. I had one return that was supposed to be scheduled for a pickup, and have yet to hear from them despite having paid the fee. That is another thing that bugs me: they are very quick to process your money but when it comes to returns whether from mistakes or returning new in box items they are one of the worst companies in the US.

It's a pity as I love their products. But dealing with Lamar and Marshall and the dozens of other people and hours and hours of phone calls left me disillusioned and slowly but surely, I fell out of love with Ikea. I give them an F for customer service, and a A for products. That can't be a sustainable business model, but keep in mind they evade taxes by being registered as a non-profit. I truly believe they don't care.

Review about: Ikea Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Furniture.

I didn't like: Customer service, Response to problems.

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Comments