I ordered a sofa and recliner on Boxing day. The delivery day was sent to me by email. It was for a Monday. So no one would be home between 8-5. I called IKEA asking them if they can deliver after. They said no they need a 9.00 to 9.00 window and the delivery company will give a shortened 4 hour delivery Window.

So I asked them to schedule it for the following Saturday. I got an message on my pone Friday that they will deliver it between 5.00 -9.00 pm. If it was 5.00 to 9.00 pm they could have done it on any day not just on weekends. What ever I was eagerly waiting for the delivery on Saturday. At 4.00 pm somebody from the delivery company called saying that they can deliver as their truck has broken down and need to reschedule. Yes I was seriously pissed off. Don't they have a back up truck. What sort of a professional service is that. Irresponsible and unreliable.By the way the delivery company is Urban Express.

So I called IKEA to complain about their Business Partner Urban Express. The customer service representative forwarded my call to the after sales department. I was hold on the line for about an hour nobody answered and my phone battery drained.

Do you think I am happy at IKEA and Urban Express. Pathetic, unreliable, irresponsible. They should be ashamed.

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Comments

Albany, New York, United States #774235

Why are you blaming IKEA for Urban Expresses issue?

PS - they told you Urban Express would give you a 4 hour window right before the delivery (which they did) so no you couldn't have done it just any day. They give you the day with a 9-9 window they refine it as it gets closer.