1.3K views

I HOPE THIS COMPLAIN IS FORWARDED TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. HOPEFULLY IKEA HEADQUARTER WILL TAKE NOTE!

I am an unhappy customer from Singapore. I hope your organisation could look into these unfriendly and unprofessional issue over here. I had try to write to Ikea Netherland, but were greeted by an Avarta name Anna, which pissed me off more!

After waiting for 5 days, they came to my home on 22 January for the exchange, they turn up with half the wardrobe! I'm real pissed of and ask for a full refund. Until now, there's no reply from any of those cool "Executives"! As of now, no one even bother to call and ask how unhappy their customer was! Real pissed off!

NOBODY REPLY TO THE EMAIL BELOW

From: Ronnie Sng

Date: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

To: Customer Service Ikea SG

Cc: Raven Lee Swee Fong , Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman

Dear George/Nurul or TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.(I can never get to speak to the higher authority executive)

What's the problem with your company?

I am very disappointed with your bad service and unfriendly staffs!

I had taken 2 days leave just to wait for your delivery and it still cannot be fix for my orders.

You can take back all your furniture and I want a full refund.

NOBODY REPLY TO THE EMAIL BELOW, EVEN IT'S A REMINDER TO REPLY

From: Ronnie Sng [mailto:ronniesng@gmail.com]

Sent: Friday, 22 January, 2013 10:22 PM

Cc: Customer Service Ikea SG; Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Can someone reply to my email dated 20 January 2013? AM I wasting my time?

NOBODY REPLY TO THE EMAIL BELOW

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Ronnie Sng

Date: Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Subject: Bad Customer Service AGAIN!

Cc: Customer Service Ikea SG , Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman

Dear Mr. Lee,

I hope these issues would not happen again to customer like me or others.

It's a shame that until now, there's no words from any of those Ikea executives(although I had requested an answer from my email)! I think they are stuck on those cozy Ikea chair at their offices, or maybe they think it's not their problem and they are not obligated to reply to their customer!

I had another issue for those executives(if anyone around), if handle professional, would not had happen.

On the delivery date on 17 Jan, I was told that the PAX wardrobe, could not be fix because my HDB room height is 250cm. The wardrobe height was 236cm and they require to fix the wardrobe on the floor and bring it up. I ask why you can't fix the wardrobe standing and was told to pay more than a $100 more! I think it's like daylight robbery on the part of Ikea to demand such payment! I had no choice but to change again to the shorter wardrobe.

My daughter love the MALM bed with the feature that could bring up the head section and we bought it. Unfortunately, when deliver to our place, we were told that our queen size mattress which we order could not "bend" for use with the feature! Once again, we are so disappointed and request to change for the basic model(without the head lift). Later, I receive a call to inform me that, my changes and fixing could be done only on 22 Jan. My daughter was very upset as she, had to sleep on the floor again, since 13 Jan(we remove our old bedroom set).

I would like to ask the following issues:

1) Why we were not advise that our PAX tall wardrobe require a certain height for clearance? As we had paid for the installation, why no one tell us that it cannot be fix unless we pay more than $100 more for fixing it standing? You had a team of about 3 staffs at my place and I don't understand why those guys can't fix the wardrobe by standing method?

2) Why we were not advise on the selection of the mattress for our bed model?

3) I know this a peak period for delivery and why it took so long to return for the changes and fixing? You need 5 days? Do you have a kind of "emergency team" which could return and fix within 24 or 48 hours?

These issues could have been avoided if your staffs have a good sense of product knowledge. You are wasting your customer time and giving your delivery team double work!

Care to comment from whoever was involve in these issues?

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Raven Lee Swee Fong wrote:

Dear Mr Ronnie Sng,

Thank you for highlighting on Robin’s poor attitude and handling of the issue. Robin was indeed the most senior staff around at that point in time, and he should have exercised more prudence. He regrets his quick assumption on the matter, due to misinformation from his junior colleagues, which led to the inconvenience and unpleasantness caused onto your good self. As Robin’s superior, I sincerely apologise for his poor behaviour and lack of respect towards your good self on that day.

As this is the first time that a complaint of such nature has been lodged against Robin, a stern verbal warning will be given to him. Robin has been advised to be mindful of his actions and word, and project the correct behaviour befitting the person and situation. I will personally monitor his performance henceforth and if no improvement is seen, I will not rule out the possibility of a written warning letter followed by a suspension of duties.

As the Home Delivery service provider for IKEA, all delivery-related matters are redirected to Poh Tiong Choon Logistics (PTC) for handling. Moreover, the issue stated herein is on the poor customer service level provided by PTC staff. Hence, the reply from PTC in this case.

Again, I sincerely apologise for the unpleasantness suffered by your good self and hope that you could graciously accept our apologies.

Yours faithfully,

From: Ronnie Sng [mailto:ronniesng@gmail.com]

Sent: Friday, 18 January, 2013 10:22 PM

Cc: Customer Service Ikea SG; Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thanks for your reply regarding your staffs unfriendly and unprofessional attitude. I woud like to highlight your investigation regarding Robin part in the issues. Robin, as the duty in charge, and I presume is a senior staff, should be more professional in handling issue like this.

THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT HAPPEN NOT "After some further clarifications on the matter, Robin made the necessary adjustments and acceded to your request.

"Moments later, there's a guy by the name of Robin(also no introduction who he is, I ask his him for complain)came out and the 2 girls was discussing with him for a few minutes before I go over and ask for my request again. He said with a stern face and said the same thing as the other 2 girls! We cannot accept "Ad On" and said boldly "I'm the planner here"!(who cares who you are! I just want my delivery date). I ask him if he had look through the changed items and is it consider a "Ad on" and he quickly browse through the invoices(I don't think he even know what are the change item).I told him that Ikea had a policy written all over the store which reads "It's Ok to change your mind" and he even challenge me to "Ask my boss to take down the signboard"! I think there's about 6-7 staff around who heard what he said! He was very unfriendly and unprofessional in customer service. He even said our action at the counter is video tape and he could show to me that I'm unreasonable and I said "Why not, show to me", as since he's unfriendly, why should I be nice to him!

What *** me off is challenging me to ask your boss to take down your "Its OK to change your mind" signboard!

I think you should send Robin for training too, as he might one day, beat your customer! Try reviewing your video and see his unfriendly attitude! Why I did not hear apology from Robin?

By the way, why am I getting a reply from POH TIONG CHOON, instead from Ikea? Did I go to the wrong Ikea store?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Raven Lee Swee Fong wrote:

Dear Mr Ronnie Sng,

First and foremost, we sincerely apologise for the unpleasant incident that happened on 15-Jan. Upon receipt of your mail below, an investigation was carried out immediately to ascertain the root cause of the problem. After much validation and verification, the below are our findings.

1. When presented with the new invoices from your good self, Steph had quickly and wrongly assumed that the new items were “add on” items to your existing delivery order. Despite after having explicitly expressed your intention was to “exchange” the newly purchased items with the previously purchased ones, Steph maintained her viewpoint and rejected your request.

2. This misinterpretation on Steph’s part led to a serious misunderstanding between your good self and our Front Counter team. Nana, who is a senior staff, though tried to intercede but failed to resolve the matter as she did not find out more before giving her reply.

3. Robin, who was our Duty In-charge for that day, then approached the Front Counter and attended to your good self. After some further clarifications on the matter, Robin made the necessary adjustments and acceded to your request. He did notice that the newly purchased items were in fact greater in value and quantity than the previously purchased ones. After a quick calculation, he noted that your delivery order has indeed become larger and more complex, which was why the term “add on” was used to describe the situation.

We believe this to be a serious case of miscommunication due to misinterpretation by Steph and Nana, which led to a further misunderstanding by Robin.

I sincerely apologise for the undue stress and anxiety caused to your good self and wish to conclude that, although other staff assisted to resolve the matter, all these could have been avoided if Steph had listened properly and not misinterpreted your request. As the person in-charge of the Home Delivery operations on the whole, I hold myself responsible for the poor customer service level presented by my staffs and will critically review the Front Counter crew on their work attitudes. Steph will be sent for further training to better her communication and customer handling skills.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for the mishap and unpleasantness experienced by your good self. Should you have further comments, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

To: Mohd Kassim Bin Abdul Rahman

Cc: Call CS - IKT

Subject: FW: Bad Customer Service

Dear Kassim

For your kind attention please. Appreciate your follow-up with customer and keeping us in the loop.

Good day ahead!

Attention: Managing Director

Cc

Attention: Mr. Kassim, PTC Manager

Dear Managing Director,

THIS IS NOT A FEEDBACK BUT A COMPLAIN FOR BAD SERVICES FROM YOUR DELIVERY SERVICE DEPARTMENT

I had bought more than $3,000 worth of Wardrobes and Beds on 13 Jan 2013 and we had requested the delivery date on 17 Jan. Today I had notice one of the new wardrobe(I had bought same item 2 units) height is longer and I went to your Alexandra store at 9pm to change the shorter version. After going through the hassle with your friendly staff for the changes, She suggest I ask for refund and reissue new invoices for the changes of the said item, which I agreed

10pm

After paying for the new invoices, I proceed to your delivery counter. I was served by Steph and after explaining about my changes of the new item/invoice, she reply with a stern face and said we don't accept "Ad On" and my delivery date must change to next week, instead of 17 Jan. I ask her what "Ad On"?, I'm just changing one of the wardrobe(to a shorter height) and replace the folding door to sliding and there's no additional item. I had explained that I would like the delivery on 17 Jan but she still refuse my request. I even told her my kids would have to sleep on the floor(we had remove our old furniture from my 2 kids room) until next week if the delivery date is change. After all the hassle, I demand to speak to the manager but she said repeatedly that there's no manager on duty now(make me feel I'm at her mercy and no one to turn to). Later a lady by the name of Nana(without introducing who she is) came and said the same thing we we don't accept "Ad On"(without even looking at the changes of the item)! I even ask her does she knows about the change item which she can't reply me!

I think after he had realised his mistake in not reviewing the change items, he relented and agreed on the original delivery date on 17 Jan. Unfortunately, the damage is already done to your customer! After all the hassle again and again, I was refer to Steph, for the refund of the earlier invoice of $2,060. I took her about 30 minutes(I think deliberately) to produce the refund note! When I ask her why she did not smile when servicing her customer, she said "If you are not happy, she point to me the feedback counter"! All this hassle takes about an hour and I move on to the refund counter feeling very unhappy.

11pm

Over at the refund counter, I'm very happy with the staff, especially a new guy by the name of Joel. He's friendly, patient and well manner.

11.20pm

Leave your store wondering, I should ever visit your store again! I hope this ugly incident will not circulate in all my forums kaki! I'm a fan of your products since the 70's and I'm shock about your unfriendly and unprofessional staffs.

I DEMAND A PERSONAL APOLOGY FROM ALL YOUR RUDE STAFFS AND TO MEET YOUR HIGHEST AUTHORITY PERSONNEL IN YOUR COMPANY.

Best Regards

Ronnie Sng

Mobile: 82003333

Email: ronniesng@gmail.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE The information in this e-mail message (and/or attachments) is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error and that use of it is prohibited. In such case please delete this message and kindly notify the sender. This e-mail message has been swept by AntiVirus and AntiSpam software for the presence of any computer viruses. However, the ultimate responsibility for the virus checking lies with the recipient of this e-mail.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. They may contain material protected by legal professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or its attachments.

Review about: Ikea Customer Care.

Comments

typical Singaporean. Always want to talk to highest authority.

total lack of respect for lower level staff.

demand apology from all rude staff? Like the whole world owe you.

So far first time trying PTC Logistics OK their staff friendly and helpful. May be they have improved.

to entity99 #1044197

Nope. Just purchased this month.

Initial agreement 3-6pm, end up 550pm called said delay to anytime following day, so we agree 11am.

At the end come 2pm, so my conclusion is that there might not have proper planning for the delivery team. (PTC)