Thomasville, North Carolina

IKEA will not reimburse for damages to computers as a result of their glass desktop shattering and the computer CRASHING to the floor!So beware, if you buy a glass desktop from IKEA you are taking a chance.

Their insurance company Liberty Mutual denied my claim. Researching the internet I have found that IKEA's shattering glass desktop happens often enough for it to be an issue.

When the desk shattered my iMac crashed to the floor rendering the computer useless and damaging my hardwood floor.I had to use a screw drive to get the imbedded glass out of the floor.

Review about: Glass Desktop.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

anonymous

there's gotta be a max load warning somewhere on one of those things. looks like you have a 21" or 24" imac - as much as i love the look of glass, i'd never place one of those aluminum monsters on a piece of glass that looks like it's half an inch thick. looks like a combination of crappy product and bad judgement on your part.

Ikea - Review about Leirvik Bed Ikea "We have so many issues with IKEA over the last three months - 2 broken beds the lervik model (my partner and I are a combined weight of 20 stone..." Read more IKEA SINGAPORE (Tampines) - Worst customer service Ikea "I have been a loyal IKEA SINGAPORE customer for a long time. But, today I had the worst customer service experience - not fully an IKEA TAMPINES issue, but more..." Read more IKEA shower curtain leaking Ikea "If you go to IKEA and buy a shower curtain, then you may be a bit surprised once you start using it... It may leak a bit, or maybe even..." Read more Ikea Refuses to honor refund, lied to by Kenya Jones, mocked by store staff Centennial Colorado Ikea "I purchased three items on 06/05/2014 totaling $560.42. The items were 80250976 x2 and one 40227983 which is two bookshelves and one piece that joins them together. These items were..." Read more Jawbone up 3 easily broken band- ZERO customer service to fix Jawbone "I bought a Jawbone 3 around Christmas of 2015. I take excellent care of things that I buy, and this band tore almost completely free from the top metal part...." Read more 1StopBedrooms - No Communication, Inaccurate Shipping Estimates, Unreasonable Delivery Methods 1StopBedrooms "I ordered a sectional sofa from 1Stopbedroom on 2-20-2017. Almost immediately, I received a confirmation email for my order, stating it would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Just as immediately,..." Read more Enable IT - Hardware caused fire Enable IT "first day out of the box this device from this company started a fire. their hardware quality is bad. consumer beware. called the ceo Daniel Cook and he did not..." Read more Conrads Tire Express And Total Car Care - Tire Change Conrads Tire Express And Total Car Care "Had Conrad's on Lorain Ave replace my tires 3 weeks ago. Took it back a week later due to excessive vibration when driving. They said they could find no problems..." Read more