Mohamed Z Fqh

| map-marker Cairo, Cairo

Merchandise incomplete upon delivery

IKEA - Merchandise incomplete upon delivery
IKEA - Merchandise incomplete upon delivery - Image 2

I bought from Ikea egypt a bed with mattressfrom futaim Cairo festival City.

A representative called me yesterday to confirm to receive the merchandise today but they only delivered the bed without the mattress and they said that the mattress is out of stock!!!, how can it be out of stock when I fully paid for it based on its availability and that it's in stock ( sales rep confirmed this before ordering ) .

Very poor costumer service here in egypt from a renouned branned, unfortunately management change is needed urgent before this wonderfully store falls to pieces!!!.

Im at the store now and waiting for a resolution.

I refused to receive all items till I confirm there is a mattress with same specs or better at the same price .

User's recommendation: Dont buy from egypt unless you take it home with you

TWPS

| map-marker Stoughton, Massachusetts

Frustrating Experience!

IKEA - Frustrating Experience!
Original review Jun 17, 2024

My wife and I recently ordered a couch and throw pillows from Ikea, and unfortunately, our experience was far from satisfactory. Let me break down the issues we encountered:

Delayed Delivery and Extra Charges: We paid an additional $150 for scheduled delivery, with the promise of receiving our items within three days.

However, the reality was quite different. After we paid, it took us well over a week to get a scheduled delivery.

Inefficient Logistics: Our couch was sourced from a warehouse just an hour away from us. But instead of delivering it directly, Ikea sent it to a store three hours away. They had to drive past our house to get there.

Why? We have no idea.

Week-Long Couch Detour: The couch sat at the distant Ikea store for over a week. Meanwhile, we were left waiting, wondering when it would finally arrive.

Fabric Shipped Separately: To add insult to injury, the fabric part of the couch was shipped separately via UPS. Why not deliver it all together?

Your guess is as good as ours.

Rescheduled Delivery Without Notice: When the couch finally made its way to us, Ikea rescheduled the delivery without any prior notification. We had no opportunity to plan or adjust our schedules.

Pillow Predicament: The throw pillows, also sourced from the same warehouse, arrived with the couch. At least they got that part right, but it hardly compensates for the overall frustration.

Assembly Hassle: To top it off, the couch required assembly.

Considering the price we paid, we expected better quality and a fully assembled product.

In summary, our Ikea experience was a rollercoaster of disappointment. We won't be ordering from Ikea again anytime soon.

Pros:
  • Product selection
  • Easy to find products
Cons:
  • Delivery outrageously long
  • Delivery cost is ridiculous

User's recommendation: Shop Elsewhere

Guest

Not surprised by the incompetence from IKEA.

Velocity V

Verified Reviewer

Scamming customer in delivering their items

First off, they reply in Estonian, even when requesting someone that speaks English. Id love to speak the language, but I just dont.

When the delivery person did not respond when I called at a missed delivery (because he did not park at the correct apartment building..and then walked over to mine, quickly taking a photopart of the scam), I looked at my ikea.ee message and it said to contact them. I contacted them and they said you can only get help via email. Well, thats weird, but okay. So I do.

And all the replies are in Estonian. Great. They speak perfect English on the phone, but no English in email. Why?

Its just a delivery. This is so bizarre. Somehow bolt and wolt can make deliveries super easy, but ikea.ee in Estonia cannot. The options are to pay for a redelivery, or go out in the middle of no where and get your own stuff.

Do not use IKEA in Estonia. Terrible customer service. I asked my husband to translate what they said just now, and he doesnt even want me to know what it says. Crazy!

My recommendation for ikea.ee delivery in future.

Park in the correct apartment building, and try knocking on the door.

You can also leave them a note on the door, giving instructions on how to proceed thereafter. With that note on the correct door, you know they actually touched the door, vs drive by photos for extra cash redeliveries.

Also, would appreciate replies in English, or an auto response saying they, or I can contact them, to get a representative that can communicate in English.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not have my items i paid for

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not use IKEA in Tallinn, Estonia

Danessa Bvo

| map-marker Boiling Springs, South Carolina

Looking for parts

IKEA - Looking for parts
IKEA - Looking for parts - Image 2

I have purchased one of your Tingby rollaround tables and I have one of the casters that are broken. I need a replacement part, in white, so that I can use the table again.

Tell me how to get one and if there is a charge for it please. Thank you in advance

Ilhan S

| map-marker Izmit, Kocaeli

Complaint

IKEA - Complaint

Hello,

Dear authorized person,

I am İlhan SÖNMEZ, Türkiye. I have a complaint against https://www.ikea.com.tr.

I ordered 2 Antelope baby feeding tray chairs on 30.04.2024, the product was not delivered even though the money was paid and I received messages twice for scheduled delivery. When I contacted the representative for delivery, I was told that the product was in cargo and would be delivered on Wednesday, today, at the latest since it was the weekend. However, when I called today, I was told that the product could not be sent because there was not one seat in stock. The product is 2 Antelope baby table chairs with tray, and we chose IKEA among many alternatives.

Order number is 133004****36696. I request you to do what is necessary and wish you ease in your work.

İlhan SÖNMEZ

Mobile: +90 532 5** **25

ilhansonmez73@***.com

Türkiye

William R Ptq

Title: Ongoing Issues at IKEA - Update on Previous Complaint

In a follow-up to my previous review. I regret to inform other consumers that my issues with IKEA remain unresolved.

My original complaints detailed a series of frustrating encounters ranging from a missing promotional coupon to receiving defective furniture and experiencing inadequate customer service.

Since that review, I have continued to engage with IKEA in hopes of finding a resolution. However, despite multiple assurances and interactions with their customer service team, there has been no substantive progress. Promises have been made and subsequently retracted, leaving me in a cycle of disappointment.

This continued lack of resolution and the apparent disregard for customer satisfaction are deeply concerning. I am updating my experience here to highlight the ongoing challenges and the ineffective response from IKEA.

For anyone considering IKEA for their shopping needs, please be aware of the potential difficulties in resolving any issues with their products or service.

IKEA's inability to effectively address customer concerns not only impacts those directly involved but also reflects on their overall commitment to customer care. I hope this update serves as a call to action for IKEA to improve their service and for potential customers to approach with caution.

Cons:
  • Customer satisfaction experience

Preferred solution: A replacement of a damaged shelf delivered to me.

Shayma Ogd
map-marker Ellicott City, Maryland

No call received - pls call

We actually purchased inperson and picked from store a full packed wardrobe total 3 boxes well packed. After opening @house we found hardware and one front door and back cover are missing.Which actually stopped from fixing when needed we immediately called IKEA they said we get a call back in 48 to 76 hours but none received.We wanted to come and exchange but mostly I would end with same parts missing as it is told as QA issue.

Call our number and exchange and pls do check if all the items are in the box before you deliver and exchange. Our email id Pavishashi@***.com phone number 443851****

User's recommendation: Ofcourse we are happy with all our previous purchases but this one is worst

William R Ptq

Multiple unresolved issues and poor Customer Service at IKEA

I have been extremely disappointed with my recent experiences at IKEA. My issues began with a missing promotional coupon that was part of the IKEA Family membership benefits, which was never resolved despite numerous contacts with customer service.

This was followed by an order that included a defective shelf. Despite promises of a resolution that included home delivery, I was later informed that I would have to travel an hour and a half to pick up the replacement myself.

Further compounding my frustrations, during a store visit, I waited nearly two hours after completing my payment, only to be told that I could not take my purchased items home due to inventory errors. These items were later delivered, but the overall experience was exceptionally inconvenient and poorly handled.

I have made multiple attempts to resolve these issues through IKEAs customer service without any satisfactory resolution.

The lack of effective communication and accountability from IKEA has been both frustrating and time-consuming. I am sharing this experience to warn potential customers of the service failings and to hopefully expedite a resolution by IKEA to these ongoing problems.

Preferred solution: Non defective replacement

MICHELLE M Cgu

IMPOSSIBLE to get help!

Why can't we call a store? I received an email that an item I have been waiting 4 months for was in stock.

I go to order online to pick up in store so it doesn't sell out. It keeps taking me to a store 5 hours away even though my store is set (3 hours away is the closest). I call, and get a scripted, "only so many online orders for pickup are allowed per day, so buy it tomorrow." So the next day, NOT available for online order. Go to store.

I can't go that day so plan for the next. It's out of stock! Then that evening it says in stock. I want to call to see if it's there so I don't drive 3 hours one way for nothing.

I cannot get a human at the store and no way to verify if they are actually in stock! Online shopping is just as bad. I had a small order of toys/stuffed animals and it was telling me shipping was 95.00!

Again, you can't get a human to actually help! For such a huge company, you'd think they'd have some customer service!

Pros:
  • Nice items
Cons:
  • Poor website
  • And nothing in stock
  • Terrible phone support

Preferred solution: Customer service!

User's recommendation: Go to Target!

Peter C Iio

Verified Reviewer

Terrible customer service and level of service

Ordered two IPAX closet systems totaling 8 sections and over 70 parts. They sent one person, this is totally ridiculous and they dont have a customer service number to reach anyone for additional support. Will need to finish building the system myself.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t hire this company

Mae B Oks

| map-marker Paramus, New Jersey

Worst customer service EVER

Original review Feb 03, 2024

I purchased 2 MALM dressers (black brown). They were assembled at night went on vacation the next day.

2 weeks later before I noticed. It's winter, every few days of sunlight. On a rare sunny the flaws of the finish was visible. It was HORRIBLE on both pieces of furniture.

It was poorly stained and the raw material was showing.

Now here is the problem, I chatted with IKEA for a hour and 27 minutes with no resolution. I swear I was chatting with BOT because the answer to different questions were the same words. They would send a replacement but I have to disassemble the merchandise and return it in the original box! We threw that away!

Everything look good in the artificial light but when sunlight hit it, you saw the flaws.

Here is what they were selling "I can keep the furniture with bad workmanship but still pay for it, send a replacement and pay for that too!!!" IKEA is a rip off company. The take away from the "customer service rep" send it back like we request or suck it up!

STAY AWAY FRO IKEA !!!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Affordable price
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Return policy
  • No warranty

Preferred solution: A replacement and pick up the assembled product. I paid to have it assemble now they want me to pay to have it disassembled for return PLUS pay again to have the replacement reassembled!

User's recommendation: KEEP AWAY FROM IKEA FURNITURE

map-marker Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

Tall cabinet design failure

I am a general contractor, and while we were installing the 90 inch tall cabinet after placing the center shelf, which does not lock the cabinet in place we place the other shelves, then while attaching the door the three shelves came down, like a guillotine nearly missing my head after contacting IKEA. They said they would send us a new one then after three weeks I contacted him and was told That the order was canceled due to consumer related problem.

The cabinets are supposed to come with a 25 year warranty and this should clearly be covered because a 90 inch cabinet should be locked in place in the middle

Paul T Qcj

| map-marker Sheffield, England

Poor quality and customer service

Original review Dec 26, 2023

Last year I ordered and fitted several PAX wardrobes. Within months all the shelves had started to sag badly despite one shelf only have 4 pairs of men's shoes on it.

To reinforce the shelves I decided to 'double up' them. I ordered 4 more Komplement 100 x 58cm wooden shelves from the Bradford depot. Delivery was made fairly quickly via DPD. However, the packer had put 3 of the shelves in one box, making it very heavy, and one shelf in the other box!

Somewhere during the process the box containing the three shelves must have been dropped. The was no indication on the outer packing. The paper packing inside the box was not placed to protect the corners. I tried to make a claim on the website but it said I couldn't.

I rang the store several times but never spoke to a human, and the automated voice told me to use the website!! So, I still have three damaged shelves. IKEA's customer service is as but as the quality of some of their products. Also, the delivery cost of the 4 LARGE PAX shelves was a reasonable £10 but when I ordered ONE small Billy shelf 76 x 26cm, the delivery charge was an extortionate £25!!

Delivery for the same item in France is 9.90Euros!

Reply from IKEA Customer Non Service -

As previously mentioned we are unable to look further into your concern with the delivery charges as this has been explained previously. Whereas we are able to look into the issue with the KOMPLEMENT articles please contact our Customer Services Team on 0203645**** to get these replaced.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Be careful of quality and costs

| map-marker Katy, Texas

Order default

IKEA - Order default
IKEA - Order default - Image 2
IKEA - Order default - Image 3

The shelve comes with a tabletop. But the table top stand is not balanced, it wont stir at the preferred height.

User's recommendation: It’s okay to buy

| map-marker The Bronx, New York

Merchdise

IKEA - Merchdise

They messed up my order and wanted me to pay twice Im good order bags and sent me what they wanted me to have

User's recommendation: I won’t recommend them

Groucho

Verified Reviewer

Total lack of service and reponsiveness

I live in Jerusalem, Israel, and own a glass food container with a plastic cover made by IKEA. Two weeks ago one of the flaps attaching the cover to the glass broke.

IKEA Israel initially refused to replace the cover without my coming into their store. They have no store in Jerusalem. Their nearest store is at least an hour away by car and two hours by public transportation. I asked them again to send me the cover.

They finally relented and promise to send me the cover, but since them several more days have passed without my hearing from them. When I complained to IKEA's CEO, Jesper BRODIN, he sent me cheerful automated messages saying "Hej!" and promising that he and his team would get right on it, but they never did. My appeals to IKEA' chairman, Lars-Johan JARNHEIMER have not even elicited any reply. IKEA Israel continued to drag its feet and to give me bureaucratic answers, without anyone calling me or sending me the promised cover.

They finally sent me a much smaller cover, and have opened a new case number for me but have not sent me the right cover and have not called me.

It has now been TWO WEEKS now and no cover. IKEA's chiefs do not care.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Terrible service
  • Lack of response

User's recommendation: Avoid IKEA

Guest

This can’t be a real complaint. With all that is going on in Israel you are complaining about a lid to a cheap IKEA dish?

I’m in the US. I’ll call my senator tomorrow and tell him to include an extra $15 in the millions in aid my government is working out to send your country.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2444505

This is one of the meanest comments it has ever been my displeasure to read. It does not deserve a substantive reply. Let this guy stew in his own juice inside his cheap IKEA skillet.

View more comments (1)