Order#: 243033579 Subject: Shop @ your own risk from IKEA-Emeryville store or if you love being Humiliated

8 of 696 Ikea reviews

I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service.This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA.

Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016 and I took time off from my work but the driver didn't turn up.I spent at least 9 hours calling IKEA customer service desk as well as NAL service desk and they confirmed that the only way out is to visit the store again. I drove to the store again on 01/13/2016 and then the manager sincerely apologized and rescheduled delivery for 01/14/2016.We waited again for the entire day eagerly for the driver to show up but all in vain. Again I spent a couple of hours reaching out to IKEA & NAL help desk and got to know from NAL helpdesk that the driver never picked my items from warehouse.I was shocked totally frustrated and stressed out. I again drove back to the store on 01/14/2016 evening and this time the way I was treated totally pissed me off.

Store manager was not available and some representative from returns help desk got hold of the home delivery manager(Audrey) and the way she spoke seemed as if it was my fault. She offered me a compensation amount of 75$ as if she was doing a favor to me(Come on IKEA , I spent more than that on gas itself. How are you planning to pay for the stress, inconvenience caused and killing my valuable time.). I even offered her to get call details for my mobile number but she got hesitant because that could expose them.

They didn't even open a case because they knew it might land them in trouble.

The only way out of this mess was to go ahead and cancel the order which I did.I will never go back to IKEA again and advice others to shop at their own risk from IKEA or if you love to be harassed and ill-treated.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Style

Reason of review:
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:
Compensate Me for the inconvenience & Stress Caused.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kivik Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #991466

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ikea? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
8 of 696 Ikea reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.