2.3
Style and Design

We installed two of these mirror vanities in our master bathroom, exactly 1 year later the light on one started flickering when the cabinet door was opened, and soon stopped turning on completely. The problem seems to be due to a wire connecting the light that crimped when the door was closed; the wire casing has split at that location.

We thought that it was covered by a multi-year warranty that covered a similar mirror cabinet, but we learned that there are no replacement parts to repair it and no warranty.

Because we have installed two we will need to replace two or they will be mismatched, but we are not comfortable purchasing another if the life-expectancy is so low.

$22.50 a month is too much to pay for the life of a mirror vanity (at $270).

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to "exchange the defective vanity for a replacement, and ideally provide a means for people to repair broken products to extend their lifespan" as the author lost $540. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ikea. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ikea.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Ikea to other companies on our site.

Comments

I have the same problem with apartments. I have installed these cabinets in several apartments (roughly $300 each) and they are starting to fail.

There is no indication as to how I can get replacement parts and IKEA ignores emails asking what to do. The mirrors are attractive when they work properly, but I do not want to pay a contractor to replace the whole cabinet every couple of years.The units I bought are STORJORM 202.500.69I find this sort of behavior by a manufacturer to be unconscionable.

Having the same problem here in UK!

The cabinet was installed approx 18 months ago and now the right hand door light is now cutting out as the door is opened. I am hunting round to try and find a solution but it doesn't look to hopeful so far!

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1203803

We have the exact same problem with these mirrors (also installed 2) and just over a year now for us.

Please post again if you hear from Ikea or get some resolution.

Best of luck.