After careful consideration I purchased a bathroom vanity (Godmorgon series) from Ikea. I had a 48" cavity to fill and purchased the sink top and 4 drawer vanity.

Sample on floor measured 47 and 1/4" wide and box purchased said unit was 47 and 1/4" wide. Assembling was a nightmare. Finally put together and guess what - - - it was 48" wide (not 47 and 1/4") - had to rip down two newly textured and painted walls and replace with thinner wallboard, texture and repaint. Thought the worst was over --but no, the sink top was 48 and 1/2" inches so I had to gouge out the new walls and slide it in.

I did not actually have to do the work but instead my contractor had to charge me an extra $400 dollars for the extra work. This ended up being a very expensive piece of "furniture".

Never again will I shop at Ikea. Word to the wise - if you plan on purchasing something that needs exact measurements - do not trust the label on the box or measuring the floor sample - you must actually measure what is inside of the box to be sure the labeling is correct!

Comments