Bethesda, Maryland
100% full Not resolved

We purchased Hemnes 8-drawer chest in IKEA College Park, MD, together with delivery and assembly. During assembly the bottom wasn't tied up to the upper part (as it should have been), and with time the thing deformed badly and space opened wide between the parts. Actually, this is when we realized that the screw was missing. We stopped using it, because the whole thing could break down and injury somebody in the family (we have a kid).

As this is a clear case of negligence by IKEA provided contractor, I requested replacement, along with delivery and assembly. IKEA rejected the claim, because it was more than 90 days since purchasing and the only way is to bring this thing back, where they would inspect it and issue the verdict. So I had to disassemble the thing and bring it to the store. Initially they said that they cannot refund it, but after some arguing with the manager, they agreed to refund the price of the item. However, they rejected compensation for delivery and assembly.

Bad service and lack of any desire to fix their own negligence.

Review about: Ikea Hemnes Dresser.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ikea Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $500
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion