100% full Not resolved

We purchased Hemnes 8-drawer chest in IKEA College Park, MD, together with delivery and assembly. During assembly the bottom wasn't tied up to the upper part (as it should have been), and with time the thing deformed badly and space opened wide between the parts. Actually, this is when we realized that the screw was missing. We stopped using it, because the whole thing could break down and injury somebody in the family (we have a kid).

As this is a clear case of negligence by IKEA provided contractor, I requested replacement, along with delivery and assembly. IKEA rejected the claim, because it was more than 90 days since purchasing and the only way is to bring this thing back, where they would inspect it and issue the verdict. So I had to disassemble the thing and bring it to the store. Initially they said that they cannot refund it, but after some arguing with the manager, they agreed to refund the price of the item. However, they rejected compensation for delivery and assembly.

Bad service and lack of any desire to fix their own negligence.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ikea delivery service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Ikea needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ikea delivery service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ikea.

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Comments