3.3K views

I ordered two armchairs online. I received an initial message to confirm the order, and after that NOTHING anymore.

So I logged into "my" IKEA online account just to discover that there is no such thing. Ikea's website is the worst in the world. They do not have a "My orders history" or "Orders status" link. In your "account" you'll only find your name and address.

Their "Live chat" is with a robot that does not understand anything, NOTHING, you ask "her"/"Ana". I called the 1888 number: I called over and over for 2 days and hung up only after about 45 minutes to one hour without answer. A voice says "Due to high call volumes..." It's IKEA! They don't have high call volume.

(Amazon.com has high call volumes and still someone there answers after less than a minute!) Now what?

I have no idea what to do next...

This has been the worst shopping nightmare of my life. There's no IKEA in the State where I live, so I had to use the online service--but won't do so ever again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of armchair. Ikea needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned armchair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ikea.

Comments

I am having the same issue! 3 years after this original post was made.

haha. There is no chat option or email. I had to call and stay on hold for 25 minutes, to be transferred. I eventually hung up, 'cause I just can't deal.

Anyhow, a few days after my order was set to arrive, I checked the status, and they had just printed a shipping label. Now, some days later, it's on a truck. (The Ikea store its shipping from is about 45 minutes from my house).

It's not urgent that I have this item or anything, but I noticed that the shipping weight was 1.4lbs. It is a table and chairs, so I'm extremely intrigued as to what will be showing up in the next few weeks.

I had same issue; you can NOT check your order. On hold forever when you call - IF you can even get through.

Then the person who answers has no idea about their products or parts. They transfer you to someone else equally clueless. Who then transfers you again to - Yup you guessed it; someone who has no idea about their products.

Meantime you are on hold between each person forever. PAINFUL

go under services, you'll find 'track your order' then enter order number.

to Anonymous #1495964

That wasn't at all accurate. It indicates my order has not shipped yet BUT shipped delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. "travk order" link is useless.....

I am having exactly the same experience. I am floored that a company as large as IKEA has a customer service and delivery system as poorly designed as this.

I was finally able to find my order in their system but it had no order #!! WTF!! How stupid is that?

I placed the order on the 13th and it is now the 22nd. We do have a store in the same city I live in so my order should have arrived by now.IKEA, get your act together or you will be losing your good name and a lot of customers.

Totally agree. The Ikea website is the only one left in the world that doesn't have an ORDER STATUS button!

Their site it useless after you make your purchase.

I just hope that my daughter receives her shipment sometime this year!!! Ikea: Come join us in the modern 21st century!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1316193

I agree, I am finding the same issues with order status and their web site. I ordered something on April 3 (something costly!!) and I got the email that said it will be delivered some time on April 21.

I would feel better if I could see something on their site. Since I can't, I'll just hope for the best.