My husband and I purchased several items from Ikea and one of them was a bed. We then paid to have it delivered to our home.

When we went to assemble to bed we discovered the mid beam had not been delivered and without this beam the bed was not usable. I called the store we made the puchase at and explained the situation hoping we could just come and pick up the missing part.

The customer service rep that I spoke to informed me that we would have to purchase the part again even though we had the receipt proving that we had paid for it already !! When I asked to speak to a manager I was informed there was no one available and if i wanted to leave my name and number I would be called back but it would be at least a 48 hour wait and the manager would only tell me what the customer sevice person had already said.

My husband drove down to the store ( a forty minute drive ) and even then he was still refused the part unless he paid for it again !

I work in retail myself and understand the importance of quality customer service and I can safely say my experience with Ikea is definitely the worst I have ever had !!

I will not be doing any further business with Ikea and I would like to warn everyone else out there, if you do choose to shop at Ikea BUYER BEWARE !!

Comments

Tamms, Illinois, United States #25995

I have had a similar and terrible experience today trying to get IKEA to mail me a 2-cent plastic screw that was not in the package delivered. After 40 minutes on the phone -- 4 phonecalls because 1 person forwarded me to an answering maching, one person hung up on me because I had been forwarded to her during her lunch, one person refused to let me talk to anyone but her -- Tiffany -- and told me she was a manager and she wasn't interested in bettering IKEA's service and a fourth person who finally did what was necessary to send me the screw but said it would take 10-14 business days.

I too will NEVER shop IKEA again.

I will go to home depot and see if I can find a similar screw and IKEA has seen the last of me. I wonder if they'll ever even mail my piece.