Ikea won't honor warranty for Braviken Sink
Last year I purchased the Braviken sink with the Godmorgon bath cabinet from Ikea.About two weeks ago I noticed that a big piece of the enamel had chipped off of the sink.
I remembered that the sink had a 10 year warranty so I called Ikea to find out what steps I needed to take to replace the sink. After being transferred to several different people over the course of two days, they transferred me to a representative from the sink manufacturer who told me that they would replace the sink and that I just needed to bring it back to Ikea. I spent half a day disconnecting the plumbing and removing the sink to bring it back to the store. When I got to customer service they told me they could not replace the sink because the damage was not a “manufacturer's defect” so it wasn’t covered by the warranty.
On top of that, they implied that I had damaged the sink, which was not true. I had not done anything to the sink for the piece of enamel to break off like it did. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. What good is a warranty if they won’t honor it?
I spend $531.00 for all of the sink components and now I’m left with a junky looking bath vanity and it’s only a year old!My advice to you, skip Ikea for permanent fixtures in your home unless you want to end up with a pile of junk a year later.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "Well... Just got a call from Cabelas Visa (BTW - an awesome company and VISA card :-) I found out that my wife and daughter fell for this "monthly billing..."
- " This latest item I have received Robotic Toy Dog came from China and the box is so crushed it looks like a truck ran over it. Now the site..."
- "Bought 10+ gallons of deck over. Painted the deck August 2015. Followed directions perfectly. April 2016 deck looks terrible - cracking and peeling all over the place and hasn't been..."
- "THIS REVIEW HELPS YOU GET YOUR REFUND BACK!! WHEN YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION, FIGHTING WITH BAD SELLERS, AND ALIEXPRESS WOULD WANT TO CLOSE YOUR EASE IN SELLER'S FAVOR!!..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."