Ikea won't honor warranty for Braviken Sink
Last year I purchased the Braviken sink with the Godmorgon bath cabinet from Ikea.About two weeks ago I noticed that a big piece of the enamel had chipped off of the sink.
I remembered that the sink had a 10 year warranty so I called Ikea to find out what steps I needed to take to replace the sink. After being transferred to several different people over the course of two days, they transferred me to a representative from the sink manufacturer who told me that they would replace the sink and that I just needed to bring it back to Ikea. I spent half a day disconnecting the plumbing and removing the sink to bring it back to the store. When I got to customer service they told me they could not replace the sink because the damage was not a “manufacturer's defect” so it wasn’t covered by the warranty.
On top of that, they implied that I had damaged the sink, which was not true. I had not done anything to the sink for the piece of enamel to break off like it did. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. What good is a warranty if they won’t honor it?
I spend $531.00 for all of the sink components and now I’m left with a junky looking bath vanity and it’s only a year old!My advice to you, skip Ikea for permanent fixtures in your home unless you want to end up with a pile of junk a year later.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "I purchased three items on 06/05/2014 totaling $560.42. The items were 80250976 x2 and one 40227983 which is two bookshelves and one piece that joins them together. These items were..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I bought a pair of boots in the fall. They were little booties with leather fringes. The very first day I wore the boots.. The fringes started falling off. Every..."