Ikea won't honor warranty for Braviken Sink

323 of 684 Ikea reviews

Last year I purchased the Braviken sink with the Godmorgon bath cabinet from Ikea.About two weeks ago I noticed that a big piece of the enamel had chipped off of the sink.

I remembered that the sink had a 10 year warranty so I called Ikea to find out what steps I needed to take to replace the sink. After being transferred to several different people over the course of two days, they transferred me to a representative from the sink manufacturer who told me that they would replace the sink and that I just needed to bring it back to Ikea. I spent half a day disconnecting the plumbing and removing the sink to bring it back to the store. When I got to customer service they told me they could not replace the sink because the damage was not a “manufacturer's defect” so it wasn’t covered by the warranty.

On top of that, they implied that I had damaged the sink, which was not true. I had not done anything to the sink for the piece of enamel to break off like it did. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. What good is a warranty if they won’t honor it?

I spend $531.00 for all of the sink components and now I’m left with a junky looking bath vanity and it’s only a year old!My advice to you, skip Ikea for permanent fixtures in your home unless you want to end up with a pile of junk a year later.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
323 of 684 Ikea reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
alq

Mar 30, 2013 #630548 Merritt Island, Florida, United States

That is funny! You expected Ikea to replace a sink that you obviously did damage to. Good luck. They are right and you are wrong! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2 0 Reply
No Go To IKEA

Apr 05, 2013 #633012 London, England, United Kingdom

From your comment alq, it seems to me you obviously work for IKEA, otherwise why would you be looking at this site? You either look for reviews on something you want to check out before you buy OR you put negative responses to genuine complaints or reviews about IKEA. The same happened to my sink, but I insisted the installation company come and change the sink which they did. :p

1 1 Reply
do not shop

Apr 05, 2013 #633020 Miami, Florida, United States

IKEA IS A JUNK STORE , IT IS OK IF YOU WENT FIX UP A HOUSE TO SELL, DO NOT EAT THE MEAT BALLS IT IS MADE WITH HORSE MEAT, SAVE THE HORSES :eek :upset :sigh :(

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.