Bloomington, Minnesota
2.4K views
Featured

Last year I purchased the Braviken sink with the Godmorgon bath cabinet from Ikea. About two weeks ago I noticed that a big piece of the enamel had chipped off of the sink.

I remembered that the sink had a 10 year warranty so I called Ikea to find out what steps I needed to take to replace the sink. After being transferred to several different people over the course of two days, they transferred me to a representative from the sink manufacturer who told me that they would replace the sink and that I just needed to bring it back to Ikea. I spent half a day disconnecting the plumbing and removing the sink to bring it back to the store. When I got to customer service they told me they could not replace the sink because the damage was not a “manufacturer's defect” so it wasn’t covered by the warranty.

On top of that, they implied that I had damaged the sink, which was not true. I had not done anything to the sink for the piece of enamel to break off like it did. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. What good is a warranty if they won’t honor it?

I spend $531.00 for all of the sink components and now I’m left with a junky looking bath vanity and it’s only a year old! My advice to you, skip Ikea for permanent fixtures in your home unless you want to end up with a pile of junk a year later.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Cabinet.

• The Damage
  • Plumbing

Comments

That is funny! You expected Ikea to replace a sink that you obviously did damage to.

Good luck.

They are right and you are wrong! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

@alq

From your comment alq, it seems to me you obviously work for IKEA, otherwise why would you be looking at this site? You either look for reviews on something you want to check out before you buy OR you put negative responses to genuine complaints or reviews about IKEA.

The same happened to my sink, but I insisted the installation company come and change the sink which they did. :p

@No Go To IKEA

IKEA IS A JUNK STORE , IT IS OK IF YOU WENT FIX UP A HOUSE TO SELL, DO NOT EAT THE MEAT BALLS IT IS MADE WITH HORSE MEAT, SAVE THE HORSES :eek :upset :sigh :(