Ikea won't honor warranty for Braviken Sink
Last year I purchased the Braviken sink with the Godmorgon bath cabinet from Ikea.About two weeks ago I noticed that a big piece of the enamel had chipped off of the sink.
I remembered that the sink had a 10 year warranty so I called Ikea to find out what steps I needed to take to replace the sink. After being transferred to several different people over the course of two days, they transferred me to a representative from the sink manufacturer who told me that they would replace the sink and that I just needed to bring it back to Ikea. I spent half a day disconnecting the plumbing and removing the sink to bring it back to the store. When I got to customer service they told me they could not replace the sink because the damage was not a “manufacturer's defect” so it wasn’t covered by the warranty.
On top of that, they implied that I had damaged the sink, which was not true. I had not done anything to the sink for the piece of enamel to break off like it did. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. What good is a warranty if they won’t honor it?
I spend $531.00 for all of the sink components and now I’m left with a junky looking bath vanity and it’s only a year old!My advice to you, skip Ikea for permanent fixtures in your home unless you want to end up with a pile of junk a year later.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "I bought a pair of boots in the fall. They were little booties with leather fringes. The very first day I wore the boots.. The fringes started falling off. Every..."
- "Jason Brouwer (President) and his siding/roofing company, "The Gopher Company Inc." were summonsed to appear in Hennepin County's Fourth Judicial District Court for neglectful subcontracting of our Albertville home replacement..."
- "Champion Power Equipment sent me to Northern Tool for warranty service on a portable generator that was very difficult to start. Northern Tool had diagnosed 'bad gas' before I..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."