I live in Vancouver and went to the Richmond store for a wardrobe. Spoke to sales people who asked that I configure the wardrobe on their computer which I did and was told that I could do the ordering on line at home on my computer, which I did on the IKEA Canada site, when sales person disappeared.

The in-store info included delivery and installation for $140.00. The order on line included $199.00 delivery and apparently no installation.

Because I was on holidays for 2 weeks,the delivery date had to be changed and I spoke with a representative and was told the installation was not included and the delivery charge was $199.00 from CALIFORNIA, without installation.

I canceled the order and was told I would still be charged $150.00 for shipping from California to Vancouver. After discussion with a supervisor the shipping charge was reduced to $100.00.

Be aware that web orders do not come from local stores and the details of delivery and installation in the local stores are not part of web ordering.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Installation.

Comments