I live in Vancouver and went to the Richmond store for a wardrobe. Spoke to sales people who asked that I configure the wardrobe on their computer which I did and was told that I could do the ordering on line at home on my computer, which I did on the IKEA Canada site, when sales person disappeared.

The in-store info included delivery and installation for $140.00. The order on line included $199.00 delivery and apparently no installation.

Because I was on holidays for 2 weeks,the delivery date had to be changed and I spoke with a representative and was told the installation was not included and the delivery charge was $199.00 from CALIFORNIA, without installation.

I canceled the order and was told I would still be charged $150.00 for shipping from California to Vancouver. After discussion with a supervisor the shipping charge was reduced to $100.00.

Be aware that web orders do not come from local stores and the details of delivery and installation in the local stores are not part of web ordering.

Review about: Ikea Installation.

Comments