1.3K views
2.3
Style and Design

My husband and I made our first IKEA purchase on 10/31/17, a Vimle sectional. We submitted our payment and were given an ETA of 11/24/17.

I contacted IKEA on 11/21/17 because I had not received a call to confirm our delivery. They stated that our order had not gone through (although we received a confirmation email and they did not inform us of any difficulties processing the order). Their reasoning was because our credit card "had not been accepted." I waited on hold for more than an hour for them to resubmit our order and was given a new ETA of 12/22, nearly a month later and three days before Christmas. My husband contacted our credit card company and IKEA had taken the money from our credit card account on 10/31/2017!

A day after our original purchase! They took no responsibility and refused to rush the order for us. We finally receive the sectional after 8:00 pm on 12/22/17. We began to put the couch together, which was fairly simple compared to what I had prepared myself for after hearing stories from friends.

However, the single chair sat at a slant and was not flush with the floor; therefore it was unable to connect to the arm rest or the corner part of the sectional correctly. Our biggest headache was the back cushions. They did not reflect the cushions in their pictures on the website, nor were they the same as the ones we had viewed in store. The only correct cushion belonged to the chaise.

It was firm and full. All five remaining back cushions were flat, floppy, too wide for the seat they accompanied, and more than 4 inches taller than the cushion. IKEA sent us replacement cushions; however, these were the exact same. I contacted them again and the said, word for word, "We can attempt to send them again if you'd like, however, we're unable to guarantee that the sizing will be correct." By 1/9, we had yet to receive our complete and CORRECT item.

I gave up and asked them to pick up the couch, which they did not do until 1/19. Today is 1/24 and we still do not have our money back. IKEA offered a gift card for the sectional being late, but did nothing to correct the pillows. On 12/28, I was told that my gift card was being sent out and I would receive it in 7-10.

I did not receive it in this timeframe and had to keep calling.

I did not get the card until after 1/15, more than 18 days later. I tried to write a review of this sofa to warn other customers; however, IKEA denied my review and would not allow it to be posted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Vimle Fabric Sofa.

Reason of review: poor customer service, problem with delivery, not as described, failure to correct mistake.

Preferred solution: full refund and something to remedy our troubles if they would like us to purchase again. I would like to avoid the BBB..

I liked: Small window of free shipping, Assembly was fairly easy.

I didn't like: Customer service, Not being treated respectfully, Having to deal with ikeas mistakes, Incorrect items, 3 month process and not getting what we paid for.

Comments