I purchased some lights at Ikea USA for about $50.00. I took care to save the receipt and the original package and all the contents. About 10 days after I purchased the light I attempted to return it at the Sunrise Florida store. I was told by the girl at the return counter that I could not return it because I had opened the package.
Immediately I asked to speak to a manager and Kate Murphy the return counter manager came out to talk with me. I told her the item was not for the purpose I had intended and she said that Ikea's return policy says that they only take back unused merchandise. I told her it was indeed unused and that I had merely opened the package. Kate Murphy was so rude about the whole thing it was unbelievable, I had never been treated so badly by a department store in my life. In fact every department store in the USA that I had ever returned something with a receipt I had absolutly no problems. These USA retailers have what is called a no hassle return policy,something IKEA USA knows nothing about.
I continued to argue my point to no avail with Kate Murphy until I began asking for the store manager. When I asked Kate for the manager she told me that she was the manager and there was no one else above her. The first in a series of lies that Ikea USA was about to perpetrate against me. This was starting to become a very negative experience for me and I was not getting anywhere with Kate Murphy so I left the store and fugured I would call the store and try to speak with the real manager.
On my way home from the store I called and got ahold of the real store manager Peter. Peter the real manager was indeed at the store on 7/6/08 at 5:30 pm and Kate Murphy was lying to me in an attempt to blow me off. Peter told me that I should have no problem returning the light and apologized for the problems I had then he forwarded me to the customer serivce liason Abbey.
Abbey never returned my calls and I finally got in touch with another customer service flunky named Jackie. I explained to Jackie that I had a light that was opened and unused and I needed to return it. Jackie told me that it was no problem just bring the light in and they would take it back. I sent my wife in with the light and the receipt on 7/13/08 and my wife started to receive the same rude blow off treatment from the Ikea USA employees that I had received a week earlier.
They told her the same line of *** about their return policy. They treated her exactly as bad as they had treated me and she was livid about the whole thing. We had the receipt and the item was not used. Kate Murphy and Jackie were laughing in my wifes face as they were refusing to take the light back.
My wife called me on the cell and I asked her to put Jackie on the phone and Jackie got on the phone and told me that she never said she would take it back, she said that I told her I had furniture to return and that now that she knows that it is a light she can not authorize it. I explained to Jackie that we spoke earlier on the phone and she said it was ok to return the item and now after I had drove 30 miles she was going to flip the script. I asked her for the store manager.
Now I am feeling the same as I had the week before. Being treated like *** by a department store, Treated worse then I had ever been treated before. Lied to again and again by one store manager and another manager..
The point of this story is the extent to which IKEA USA will go to deny taking back and refunding a legitamately purchaed and receipted item. The point is that their return policy is one of incredible hassles. They will make your life miserable should you try to return something you bought by mistake,
No other major Department store in the USA treats customers like this should they need to return something. Here in the USA we have whats called good customer service and IKEA has no clue what that means.
IKEA USA does not care if you have a reciept or if you never used an item they wont take it back no matter what.
IKEA will not refund your money on anything. No matter what!!! No matter what they say!!!
If you dont want to have the same horrible experiance don't shop at IKEA USA. You will be sorry!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Dioder Light
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you go to IKEA and buy a shower curtain, then you may be a bit surprised once you start using it... It may leak a bit, or maybe even..."
- "Jessica Zamarron of Pink Sugar XO arrested for using stolen credit cards obtained by mail thieves Aret and Frances Frangulyan. They pilfered over 759 credit card statements in their..."
- "The scentsy clean breeze room spray ate through the sealer on our custom concrete countertops.....over $1000 to re surface......."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "Hello, I have put many complaints about Publix on this website , and every single complaint has the proof (picture of the receipt is uploaded on every complaint) Here is another one..."
- "I place an order for a surplice. I spoke with Juan Navarrete, I send him an email about the surplice I wanted to order. He send me a vestment form..."
- "This supposed to increased my Credit score, not the opposite. They reported me to the creditors, to 90 days been late, no only been late not once, but three times,..."