IKEA the worst company in this world

18 of 696 Ikea reviews

We have been a very loyal IKEA USA customer since we moved to the US three years ago.Three years ago we bought all the furniture for our home from IKEA store along with delivery and assembly services.

Unfortunately, we had bad experiences with delivery and assembly services back then. But, we took it sportingly and considered that as a fluke and moved on. But, our recent purchase experiences really exhausted our patience to the limit. Let me begin my saying IKEA has the worst customer focused services in the world.

In last few weeks, we had purchased IKEA furniture items from its Woodbridge, VA store. Some we picked up and brought home and assembled ourselves. Others we ordered for home delivery and assembly services. During check out, we had terrible experience since the cashier was rude to the extent that it felt as if she was doing charity and we should be grateful and feel privileged that we were given the opportunity to shop at the IKEA store.

But, I wish that was the end of our misery. The worst was yet to come though. And the cruel part is we paid for it all as well. And that had to do with home delivery and assembly service that we asked and paid for.

We had agreed for both delivery and assembly services on the same day and within the same 4-hr window. Well, the delivery guys showed up at the very *** end of the 4-hr window and confirmed to us, upon contacting the assigned assembly guy, that assembly service is on its way. We waited another 30 minutes and then called IKEA customer center to check ETA of the assembly guy. The customer center guy confirmed that, upon contacting the assigned assembly guy via the third party company, he was still on his way to our place.

We again waited about an hour and then called back the IKEA customer center again. After more than 45 minutes of painful conservation and wait, this is what I learned from the customer center rep. IKEA now claimed that it was reported that my place was not ready for assembly. Now, how would he know since he never showed up?

To add insult to injury, IKEA then said they will investigate the matter and it will take 2-3 days to complete that and then they will contact me to offer resolution. Wow….what a world class service from a world class company?????!!!!! Really????? Worst part is I already paid for it.

I swear I will never buy anything from IKEA ever….I will also make it my personal mission to tell everyone about my experience and dissuade them to shop at IKEA. If necessary, I will offer to drive them to other stores.

This is the end for me for IKEA.Enough is enough.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Delivery Service And Assembly Services
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #926248

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ikea? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
18 of 696 Ikea reviews

Oct 03, 2016 #1221972

I totally understand! I've had a similar experience with IKEA as well!
Do you know of any easily assembled and disassembled furniture lines? I feel like this is the easiest solution to what IKEA offers. It would make the process of moving so much easier, don't you think? Would you be interested in something like this too?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.