IKEA SINGAPORE (Tampines) - Worst customer service

I have been a loyal IKEA SINGAPORE customer for a long time. But, today I had the worst customer service experience - not fully an IKEA TAMPINES issue, but more to do with their delivery/assembly vendor POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS. Sadly IKEA CS also did not help.

Today morning I bought a $79 item:

paid $30 for ASSEMBLY

i.e item = $79, delivery + assembly = $85

Since I already paid so much for delivery and assembly, and since I had a need for a kids table, an hour ago, I went back to check if I could add another item to the delivery. I really did not foresee any trouble, but wanted to check before I bought something.

Response from POH TIONG - The answer was a blunt, saying the truck was already loaded for delivery, so can't do anything. period!

Response from IKEA CS - sorry you must have read the fine print from POH TIONG!! (really?? thats the best you can tell a customer?)

Really expected some better treatment. Its not much about the money, but it really left a bad taste, mainly because this comes from a trusted SWEDISH BRAND that stands for creating better everyday life for people. And that too because of a lousy vendor like POH TIONG.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 6 No 6
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 20, 2015 #986497

simple logistics. It's loaded, it's loaded.
Time consuming/costly on the warehouse end to fix your mistake.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.