I have been a loyal IKEA SINGAPORE customer for a long time. But, today I had the worst customer service experience - not fully an IKEA TAMPINES issue, but more to do with their delivery/assembly vendor POH TIONG CHOON LOGISTICS. Sadly IKEA CS also did not help.
Today morning I bought a $79 item:
paid $55 FOR DELIVERY
paid $30 for ASSEMBLY
i.e item = $79, delivery + assembly = $85
Since I already paid so much for delivery and assembly, and since I had a need for a kids table, an hour ago, I went back to check if I could add another item to the delivery. I really did not foresee any trouble, but wanted to check before I bought something.
Response from POH TIONG - The answer was a blunt, saying the truck was already loaded for delivery, so can't do anything. period!
Response from IKEA CS - sorry you must have read the fine print from POH TIONG!! (really?? thats the best you can tell a customer?)
Really expected some better treatment. Its not much about the money, but it really left a bad taste, mainly because this comes from a trusted SWEDISH BRAND that stands for creating better everyday life for people. And that too because of a lousy vendor like POH TIONG.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "i went to the studio did the photoshoot the whole works for free AS THEY SAID. then i had to wait hours to see my photos. finally went into the..."
- "Hi my name is Jane Cherriokee,I brought my daughter Samara Cherriokee today for interview.The guy interviewing was rude & didn't consider my daughter's feelings just because I aired my opinion..."
- "I purchased an IKEA Kullen Wardrobe a few weeks ago and I am still having problems. I wanted to give a disclosure for anyone who is thinking about purchasing the..."
- "Last month,when i invited as a important business party in Dec. 12th began to search my ideal gowns online. By comparison of some stores on the internet, i found the..."
- "I have been using Newton Running Shoes for several years. The initial introduction of the shoes in Singapore were good. However, over the years the quality rapidly have been gone..."
- "The casing on the carry-on luggage I bought my husband in Singapore cracked less than 1 year later. The Service Centre said it wasn't covered by the warranty because it could..."
- "I stopped in for my regular 3000 mile oil change and of course they did the usually upsale. Normally I try to do one additional thing each time, this time..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."