what should have been £500 worth of bedroom furniture and a day of van hire, turned into 300 miles of driving to three different stores on three days, nearly £1000 total cost, 3 days of van hire and more telephone calls than I can list. From the start, the service from Ikea staff was dreadful.

Their wardrobe 'specialist' apparently doesn't know that you need hinges to hold doors on. Their warehouse staff supplied totally the wrong goods and their in-store staff didn't know where anything was. The next day, their telephone support staff located the correct replacement goods in a store 50 miles away, but couldn't reserve items for us, despite it being their fault we had the wrong things in the first place. So we drove to the store and waited 40 minutes for 'customer services' only to be told the items were only for collection from their warehouse which wouldn't be open for another 3 days.

Staff throughout were rude, unhelpful and arrogant.

Absolutely the worst nightmare and rest assured that if Ikea offered me a Bentley for £100 I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Comments