My friend is moving to London and I cannot buy an IKEA gift card in the USA that he can use in the UK. They have no way to coordinate gift card purchases at an international level. Even though they make this claim:

"You can purchase and redeem the card through IKEA Direct at 1-800-434-4532 or any IKEA store location in any amount between $5 and $500. Due to currency restrictions, gift cards purchased in the United States may be redeemed only within the United States."

I was told by customer care to directly contact the stores, so I went to the IKEA site for the United Kingdom.... but I have no idea which store is closest to London where my friend is moving. I just want to buy him a gift card so he can purchase new furniture when he arrives!

In my THIRD message to them, I even begged them to HELP ME give them my money. Why is this so hard?

I told them to escalate it to the regional managers. All I want to do was give them my business and it seems near impossible! This was their only response, after three requests for assistance from me:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do apologize for any difficulty that you may have experienced. Unfortunately, we are unable to process an order for a gift card in the US and have it sent to another country."

Review about: Ikea Customer Care.

Comments

Rapid City, Michigan, United States #6087

It sounds like IKEA has a legitimate reason.....stop whining and get him an AMEX Travelers Cheque.