We purchased an ikea kids table (LEKSVIK). It had a latge knot on one of the legs.

My husband did mention th large knot while assembling the table, saying that's not so great...shouldn't have passed. We live over an hour from the IKEA store in west Sacramento...so I asked him just to put it together. Well sure enough the table leg broke after three weeks of use. I called customer service and they said no problem as it was faulty bring it back and they will exchange it for the same table.

Very nice lady on the phone, told me no "worries."

Arrived at Ikea spoke with customer manager? young very rude Tara at 5:45pm 1/2/09. We had receipt which was 5 days beyond 90 days and was opened out of original packing!

Doesn't matter if its defective...per Tara there products are inexpensive for a reason! I will never shop IKEA again.

Comments

Sally it doesn't matter if it was assembled or not. I purchased a coffee table for my daughter in college and there was alson a large knot in a leg.

I brought the table back before assembling and was told they could not take it back as the box had been opened!

Doesn't matter if it had been assembled. Apparently you are the ***!

I Live in scotland and here I had a problem with an Ikea item where a bit proved faulty. they just took details and put the part in the post. Tecnically they should also be responsible to deliver and fit a broken leg if it failed due to faulty manufacture here

Tollegno, Piemonte, Italy #50029

You shouldn't have assembled it in the first place, ***.