IKEA - Poor Manufacturing + Terrible Return Procedures = Countless Wasted Hours
All we wanted were three matching bar stools, but the third was cut wrong (one of two supports for chair cut three inches short). We had to drive 25 miles there (with bad traffic) and back (50 miles total), wait in a 45 minute line to return for store credit, and wait in a 20 minute re-checkout line for the replacement. But at least we got it replaced with a new one.
Well, the replacement had the same poor manufacturing issue. That's another 50 miles of driving and who knows how long wait for what will hopefully be a correctly manufactured piece of furniture.
I've called asking about milage reimbursement for the 100+ miles driven for their mistake, but they don't seem to do that sort of thing.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Shopping experience
What I disliked
- Poor quality of chairs
- Difficulty contacting customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ikea Ingolf Bar Stool
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Back in 2005, my husband and I bought our first house. We live on the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington state, and decided to travel to the Ikea in Renton...."
- "I purchased the under counter lighting labeled GRUNDTAL which comes with three puck lights and a transformer to power the lights. I had a transformer fail and catch fire...."
- "So, I was resting my head on the HEAD REST of my HOPEN bed frame and the piece snapped off!! I contacted Ikea immediately to ask for spare parts..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "I ordered a bed from Pottery Barn in April 2015, and it was delivered to my home in May 2015. While I was crawling around on the floor on June..."
- "This "person" has never been a client of the business they reviewed. For starters, they claim to be in California, and the business is in MN. Secondly, Mark..."
- "The same guy always answers the phone and will never identify himself. He uses an alias "Kelly". The BBB indicates this is a sole proprietor company run by Mr...."