I ordered a granite counter top from the Coquitlam store. When the guy came to measure for the counter top he said this sink is too long, (48" Ikea sells one at least that long but we had an old one we wanted to reuse) they may have to brace it wish a piece of metal. He said that is what they do sometimes.

Someone from the granite company called the next day to say they couldn't install the granite counter top so the order was cancelled and he informed me that I would have to pay for someone coming to measure. I told him that didn't seem right to me.

I went to Ikea with my husband the next day (Saturday) for the refund and they said they would have to check with the granite company

and since it was the long weekend, they would get back to me on Tuesday and reverse the billing over the phone.

On Tuesday afternoon there was a message to call them back. The phone number was wrong, the extension numbers she gave me were both wrong, and she didn't leave a name. I was getting the impression they really would rather not hear from me.

When I finally did get to talk to someone (on Thursday) she told me everything I already knew and then she asked me where I bought the sink. (What does this have to do with anything?) I was getting that bad feeling again. I told them that there should be a warning that the granite company won't install a counter top under sinks spanning a certain distance after all they are in the business and have been for a long time, they should have known. She told me that they had already paid this company $150 for their service call so I had to pay Ikea. It was no use arguing with her.

I called the Coquitlam store and asked to talk to the Store Manager and of course was told he wasn't available, I would have to take my chances and come down to the store to talk to him apparently he doesn't take calls or messages. I feel like they are treating their customers with a certain amount of contempt. I don't think it would be hard for them to make a note in their 'designing program' you have to use before you order their kitchens, and save their customers time and money.

Comments