IKEA Kullen Wardrobe NOT worth the money and no solution provided by the Co. for poor manf.
I purchased an IKEA Kullen Wardrobe a few weeks ago and I am still having problems. I wanted to give a disclosure for anyone who is thinking about purchasing the wardrobe. My goal is to dissuade you, and if I am not convincing, then to give you enough information so that you know what you are getting into. Here's a list of things IKEA *does not* tell you before you buy that may change your mind about your purchase:
1. You need a drill to put this together (the instructions say a screw driver is OK, but you have to place 10+ screws into thick composite wood, I broke down and bought a drill).
2. You need to buy wall mounting screws
3. There is no warranty on this product
4. The doors may or may not be level or flush when you are finished
5. Once its assembled you can't return it
6. If want to make any sort of claim you have to take the 228 lb assembled wardrobe back to the store.
The assembly of this wardrobe takes an entire day plus. I spent about 6 hours in one night and I didn't even finish. My other peeve is that it has a cardboard like back to it that you have to nail to the wardrobe. If you don't put it exactly and I mean exactly right you end up with nails sticking out into the main compartment of the wardrobe and pieces of the inside having flaked off. The reason I am really writing this review is the doors, once I installed them on the wardrobe, they were crooked and the two main doors have a huge gap in between. Apparently, it's a known problem and IKEA just tells you to adjust the hinges until its straight, well I tried that for hours and it didn't work. Other than that they just tell you to see a store manager, which I will do, but we'll see how that goes.
Review about: Kullen Wardrobe.
Review #164832 is a subjective opinion of a user.