You cannot reach the store where you purchase items - they make you call a toll free number where you hear 88 minutes, 49 minutes, 180 minutes and the recording you're forced to listen to plays over and over dozens of times. The 49 minutes today was actually 109 mins - only to find out they cannot help you with a delivery issue - they must fill out a form and have the delivery department call you back in 90-120 minutes.

That was a big fat lie! That was 9 hours ago and I have not received the call-back and have no doubt I will never get a call back from anybody. I finally called the local store and guessed at various extensions to get an administrative person, who was nice enough to transfer me to someone who looked up my order. I requested to have my products delivered any earlier day this week (it's Monday - I was originally offered Wednesday but I chose Saturday).

I just heard the most ludicrous thing - I was told if I come into the store and cancel the order, I can repurchase the items and get next-day delivery tomorrow. What?! It costs nothing extra. It was not offered to me when I was there a few days ago.

There is no way I can get my Saturday delivery moved up to any earlier day this week - but people who buy items today can get them delivered tomorrow?! How is that fair or logical?!! I was told it's impossible to change the Saturday delivery unless I come into the store and get a refund and then repurchase the items. THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD.

The man was very impatient with me and I feel sorry for him that he has to work there and say such ridiculous things, but he was a jerk.

For 20 years if I needed a solid, inexpensive piece of furniture I would go to Ikea - even though the stores are few and far between and not really convenient. I honestly don't think I will ever buy anything from them again. It's faster and simpler to just buy online at Overstock or Wayfair, etc. - you usually get free delivery and it arrives in a few days right to your doorstep; if you call them they answer the phone fast and are very nice.

There is just no purpose for Ikea any longer in my opinion. Any company that thinks not publishing the store phone numbers and making people call a toll-free number and wait forever to get a person is obsolete and has no idea how to compete any longer.

They used to be special, but no longer are. I am so disgusted right now - I HATE them and wish I had never purchased the 2 items I now have to wait 5 days for.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments