Several couple of months ago, we purchased $5,000+ in IKEA Furniture for a new business. We generally like the quality and finish of the furniture. They did a great job of picking the items and delivering them to our business location. A hand-full of pieces we purchased used a 3 number combination lock which we bought purposely to provide modest protection of some documentation. That said, we were never able to get the locks to work and in fact, locked ourselves out of two filing drawers and one large credenza with sliding doors. We had to take the furniture back to have it opened. We attempted to do this on the phone with the local store but they were no help. We attempted through email to corporate customer service and they were no help.
Bottom line is we loaded the furniture up, drove it back to the store and they fortunately had one guy there who was well versed in opening the locks. Said he deals with it on a daily basis. He said the locks are faulty and should be removed from the market until they can find a suitable solution. He was not a fan.
He unlocked the pieces of furniture, apologized for our inconvenience and sent us on our way. Yes, we still have nice furniture, but it doesn't support the primary function we purchased it for...the ability to lock it. IKEA needs to address this moving forward but also take care of and replace all those who purchased it along the way. Disappointing nothing has been done!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an IKEA Kullen Wardrobe a few weeks ago and I am still having problems. I wanted to give a disclosure for anyone who is thinking about purchasing the..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "Paid the money up front as requested. Got the engine 3 days past time promised. Engine in horrible shape pics show broken parts and plastic pieces in cylinder heads. SW..."
- "This scam called Tiny Details LLC, located on 129 Main St Groton, NY 13073, is a self called work from home company. They work with miniature calendars and other handcrafted dollhouse..."
- "Visited Ashley in Gastonia NC on Black Friday 2016, Brendan was my sales person as I have bought things from him in the past. I was looking for a mattress..."