Riverdale, Maryland
1.2K views
2.0

I have 2 brand new Galant fine cabinets.They were professionally assembled.

I set both cabinets to the same combination. I tested 1 cabinet once and it worked fine. After several days of using the cabinets without locking them, I finally had a need to lock them. But the next day when I tried to open them, the combination wouldn't work.

The combination is my birthday so I'm not forgetting the number. Like other people, I called IKEA and they simply said bring the file cabinets to the store. There's no way I can lift a 3 drawer full file cabinet. And if I hire someone to move it for me, I could potentially purchase a new cabinet with the same amount of money.

I wish I had done some research before purchasing these.

I see many people have had the same issue with these cabinets.So why are they still available for purchase?!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of galant cabinet from Ikea. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $540 and wants Ikea to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ikea for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Comments

I have the exact same problem...what's the solution!??!