2.7
Style and Design

The IKEA delivery service is terrible.I should have looked on consumer affairs site before placing my order because there are 700+ complaints.

When ordering from IKEA, my computer did not show all the details on my screen when ordering office furniture for our business (at the time I did not know this). Maybe it was due to our computer security, but I did not see all the areas to fill out and the area to select the delivery date. They came on a Saturday and of course no one was at the office. I came in on Monday and saw an email about scheduling a re-delivery and they wanted to charge $53 to redeliver on another day.

I called them and they said I picked the date. I told them I did not and they said yes you did. I went online and recreated the transaction and sent them screen shots where there was no dates to select.

I explained what I saw when placing the order, but they still put the blame on me and still charged me.I think they are paying a 3rd party for deliveries and this company is taking advantage of the consumer and IKEA could care less.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of office furniture and associated monetary loss in the amount of $53. Ikea needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned office furniture in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ikea.

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Comments

Tacoma, Washington, United States #1273215

Was going to ikea today for the first time,until I read some of the complaints.I think I'll do business somewhere else.Thanks for your comment,Joe

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States #1184976

Please email IKEA Corporate directly to further discuss: cr.manager@ikea.com

to Anonymous Roswell, Georgia, United States #1277200

Thank you, but I would have preferred to have been contacted at the time by Ikea Corporate and not charged for the incovenience of a poorly ran delivery service.