Roswell, Georgia

The IKEA delivery service is terrible.I should have looked on consumer affairs site before placing my order because there are 700+ complaints.

When ordering from IKEA, my computer did not show all the details on my screen when ordering office furniture for our business (at the time I did not know this). Maybe it was due to our computer security, but I did not see all the areas to fill out and the area to select the delivery date. They came on a Saturday and of course no one was at the office. I came in on Monday and saw an email about scheduling a re-delivery and they wanted to charge $53 to redeliver on another day.

I called them and they said I picked the date. I told them I did not and they said yes you did. I went online and recreated the transaction and sent them screen shots where there was no dates to select.

I explained what I saw when placing the order, but they still put the blame on me and still charged me.I think they are paying a 3rd party for deliveries and this company is taking advantage of the consumer and IKEA could care less.

Review about: Office Furniture.

2.7
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / $53
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

Tacoma, Washington, United States #1273215

Was going to ikea today for the first time,until I read some of the complaints.I think I'll do business somewhere else.Thanks for your comment,Joe

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States #1184976

Please email IKEA Corporate directly to further discuss: cr.manager@ikea.com

to Anonymous Roswell, Georgia, United States #1277200

Thank you, but I would have preferred to have been contacted at the time by Ikea Corporate and not charged for the incovenience of a poorly ran delivery service.