A few months ago I purchased kitchen cabinets for use in remodeling a home.The cabinets have some nice features and reflect the price you pay for them.

Since I live a great distance from an ikea store I purchased cabinets for several different uses in the house (not in the kitchen, didn't care for quality). Unless you have good carpentry skills these cabinets are not easy to put together. Overall the cabinets will work for their intended use. The problem came when I discovered I was missing a drawer.

It was a simple problem yet ikea has a customer service program that pushes you through several time consuming steps with no real answers, just go back to the store. I'm not going back to the store, I just needed 1 drawer, it wasn't a major issue. You know, they have a customer service department (call center) I didn't get 1 drawer out of 250 plus parts, they could just send out the 21 dollar drawer. Not bad odds but frustrating when it will require six hours of time to correct.

So again I'm not going back to ikea, never. I redesigned the area and took the cabinet minus a drawer behind the house, took a little paper and some matches.

Problem solved in 30 seconds.Ikea will forever be a curse word for me.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ikea Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Order processing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.