Ikea customer service

31 of 696 Ikea reviews

A few months ago I purchased kitchen cabinets for use in remodeling a home.The cabinets have some nice features and reflect the price you pay for them.

Since I live a great distance from an ikea store I purchased cabinets for several different uses in the house (not in the kitchen, didn't care for quality). Unless you have good carpentry skills these cabinets are not easy to put together. Overall the cabinets will work for their intended use. The problem came when I discovered I was missing a drawer.

It was a simple problem yet ikea has a customer service program that pushes you through several time consuming steps with no real answers, just go back to the store. I'm not going back to the store, I just needed 1 drawer, it wasn't a major issue. You know, they have a customer service department (call center) I didn't get 1 drawer out of 250 plus parts, they could just send out the 21 dollar drawer. Not bad odds but frustrating when it will require six hours of time to correct.

So again I'm not going back to ikea, never. I redesigned the area and took the cabinet minus a drawer behind the house, took a little paper and some matches.

Problem solved in 30 seconds.Ikea will forever be a curse word for me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had an experience with Ikea? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
31 of 696 Ikea reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.