Ibiza, Balearic Islands

The Bank of Santander who operates Ikea credit card in Spain phoned me every day for 2 weeks to say I owed them 45 euros. I told them that as I was working away from home I would need time to check with my bank why this bill was not paid automatically as usual. Today I went to my bank and found out that the demand from Ikea was originally for 11.40 and my bank had not received it till the 14th March instead of the 1st. As it was now classed as a late payment there was 30 euros surcharge placed on it. The bank paid it on the 14th. I phoned Santander and was told that my bank was lying about the late demand and they had returned the original demand due to lack of funds.

To cut a long story short I returned to my bank who phoned the Bank of Santander who said they had not been phoning me chasing up money and they had been phoning me to offer me new products. 20 minutes before that call their credit department was telling me that I still needed to pay.

Bank of Santander and Ikea are both on my list of companies that I will not trust in the future.

Comments

I used to work for IKEA. It is common that IKEA overcharges customers. Customers would buy one item and get charged for 3 or 4 of the same item. IKEA's view is if you don't catch us it's not our problem.

Avoid this from happening to you by not shopping at this **** of a store.

What is so appealing about compressed saw dust wrapped in plastic any way?

Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from these sleazy ***holes. IKEA SUCKS big time. :(

I bought the new BIRKELAND QUEEN BED FRAME in IKEA and I HATE IT. I AM DISAPPOINTED with this purchase I get purple spots on my legs almost everyday thanks to the corner legs frame.

Ikea queen size bed is bigger than regular queen size bed. The quality is very poor. It was a waste of time and money.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FURNITURES IN IKEA, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. the custumer service is really bad.