I was visiting (from South Africa) my daughter in Raleigh, N.C. a few weeks ago.

We drove 3 hrs to Charlotte - excited about the Ikea shopping at 'THE END OF THE ROAD'. Being from Denmark I expected nothing less from Ikea than absolutely top friendly customer service - as it always is in Scandinavia. One of the items I bought was a Ruther swivel chair. At first I couldn't find it, when we wanted to check out, but a not so friendly sales assistant found it for me.

When we got back home late that evening I realised, that I only bought the top part of the chair, had not seen that the swivel part was in a separate box. Phoned Ikea's "FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE" next morning, 3 calls - all with long waiting - asking if Ikea could add the swivel part to a service order of other items, we already had paid for, to be delivered 2 days later. No, NOT possible - I had to go to the store & pick up myself. I tried to explain that would not be possible for me.

Still got a negative reply. Tried to buy the swivel online myself - but could only buy both parts of the chair. I then wrote to the online "contact us - friendly customer service" and explained. NO response.

Wrote again - same story.

I have now left the US - but am still waiting for Ikea, Charlotte's response. I am really pissed off with such bad service from Ikea - which used to be the pride of all Scandinavians...

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Chair.

Comments

You are absolutely right! Ikea charlotte has the most irresponsible customer service!

They don't reply to your calls and messages left. You have to go there which sometimes is very inconvenient.