1.5
Style and Design

Update by user Oct 08, 2015

Correction, It is not an IKEA Akurum, It is an IKEA Perfekt Nexus Series Kitchen, Brown / Black, 2008

Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2015

ALL IKEA Akurum owners have to UNITE to make a Class action Lawsuit against IKEA for Breach of Contract, regarding the availability of IKEA Akurum replacement parts, IKEA CAN NOT MEET THE 25 YEAR WARRANTY COMMITMENT AND AS SUCH WILL DENIE ALL FUTURE CLAIMS BECAUSE THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT PARTS, We need to SUE for a replacement kitchen, and Damages. WE were all SUCKERED into the phony 25 Year Warranty Claim, I plan to start a Class Action Lawsuit here in South Florida if IKEA and me can not reach a suitable agreement in regards to my 7 year old kitchen.

My Name is William Gonzalez, 305-989-1891,

IKEA might be a Multi Million Dollar Company but A Legal Contract is a Legal Contract and they can not Honor their side of the contract if there is no parts available and nothing was set in place to ensure current customers are taken care of with proper service and parts. IKEA plans to use the Catch All Denial of Warranty pert of customer abuse and not cleaned properly, LOOK AT THE 25 YEAR AKUREM WARRANTY PAGE FOR FRONT TESTING, And ask yourself if you as the owner of your kitchen have placed the FRONTs to the abuse and extent that IKEA test their product, they place the panel in 185 degree water 1 hour soak, STEAM 120-140 degrees, 49 Hours alcohol, coffee, grease and water then they clean it with the catch all part "Only then do we clean the surface properly" What the *** do they USE HOLY WATER and MAGIC SWISS MILD CLEANER?, IKEA has no intention of Honoring their one sided WARRANTY.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $10000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ikea. The most disappointing about ikea akurum kitchen system from Ikea was we have better reach an agreement regarding this issue and very poor customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ikea.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Ikea to other companies on our site.

Comments

I am in on lawsuit too. I have dealt with Ikea for two years about my cabinets.

As of December 2017, still no resolution.

I have tried to find someone to repainted and was told would not last with the doors having wrap on them. If someone want me in on case lets Go!

#1051946

You need to visit your local IKEA. If you read the details the warranty only covers manufacturing defects- not wear and tear or use/abuse. Several cases brought to our store are being honored but some are not because the owner did not take care of their kitchen.

to Anonymous Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1196318

I'm having the same problem and IKEA Tampa is telling me even if it's our issue, they will only give me money back. That doesn't pay for my kitchen and a new demo and reinstall.

Why is that my diesel because they sold me a defective product. I am only asking for new doors and side panels. They don't make anymore. Buyer beware!

If you are interested in a class action lawsuits. Please email kipnsurf@yahoo.com.

to Anonymous Ladera Ranch, California, United States #1233454

Was just told mine is normal wear and tear when 2-4 inch long sheets of lacquer is peeling off under my sink cabinets. Replaced one of the doors 2x within 6 months from the lacquer bubbling from water resting on top of the door.

They said that wasn't normal and have been cool up until yesterday when they said the inspector said it was normal wear.

What?? Contact me if you want another party to join in lawsuit.