Ikea - I paid for nothing

13 of 696 Ikea reviews

I recently purchased a home and needed furniture and heard from a good friend that IKEA was a good place to start so I started looking online and eventually did an online order since the closest store is about an hour away and I usually don't get off work until an hour before the closing time.After realizing I should change delivery address to my parents home as I was having a driveway refinished about the same time it was being delivered and it would be much more accessible by a larger truck, I called and asked if they would be able to change it and was told no despite the fact that it was only a mile and a half away and much closer to a main road.

I understood but decided to cancel the order and visit the store in person as it would be much quicker anyway. I was told the delivery fee would be nonrefundable . When I was at checkout I asked about it and was told to see if the customer service dept. could do anything.

I was again told the delivery fee was nonrefundable.

I would be fine with this had anything actually been delivered however, nothing was delivered.I went ahead with the purchase in person as it was just a bed, mattress, and nightstand however, I will look elsewhere to furnish the rest of the home if this is how IKEA does business

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #965387

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ikea? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
13 of 696 Ikea reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.