I recently purchased a home and needed furniture and heard from a good friend that IKEA was a good place to start so I started looking online and eventually did an online order since the closest store is about an hour away and I usually don't get off work until an hour before the closing time.After realizing I should change delivery address to my parents home as I was having a driveway refinished about the same time it was being delivered and it would be much more accessible by a larger truck, I called and asked if they would be able to change it and was told no despite the fact that it was only a mile and a half away and much closer to a main road.
I understood but decided to cancel the order and visit the store in person as it would be much quicker anyway. I was told the delivery fee would be nonrefundable . When I was at checkout I asked about it and was told to see if the customer service dept. could do anything.
I was again told the delivery fee was nonrefundable.
I would be fine with this had anything actually been delivered however, nothing was delivered.I went ahead with the purchase in person as it was just a bed, mattress, and nightstand however, I will look elsewhere to furnish the rest of the home if this is how IKEA does business
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Cashier was pleasant
What I disliked
- Order cancellation policy
- Reason of review:
- Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "If you go to IKEA and buy a shower curtain, then you may be a bit surprised once you start using it... It may leak a bit, or maybe even..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "28 June 2016 To: Olympic Customer Service Lowe’s Customer Service Subject: Complaint - Olympic Rescue It Deck Paint Products In 2014 I purchased and used the highly advertised and Lowe’s recommended Olympic Rescue..."
- "We ordered a hoodie from this company TeeChip in July. Surprisingly (after reading so many complaints here), it arrived in a timely fashion. However, a word was misspelled on the..."
- "Rosner was hired to correctly install a clutch in my car. Not only did they in-correctly install said clutch they made numerious mistakes in the process and could not repair..."