I recently purchased a home and needed furniture and heard from a good friend that IKEA was a good place to start so I started looking online and eventually did an online order since the closest store is about an hour away and I usually don't get off work until an hour before the closing time.After realizing I should change delivery address to my parents home as I was having a driveway refinished about the same time it was being delivered and it would be much more accessible by a larger truck, I called and asked if they would be able to change it and was told no despite the fact that it was only a mile and a half away and much closer to a main road.

I understood but decided to cancel the order and visit the store in person as it would be much quicker anyway. I was told the delivery fee would be nonrefundable . When I was at checkout I asked about it and was told to see if the customer service dept. could do anything.

I was again told the delivery fee was nonrefundable.

I would be fine with this had anything actually been delivered however, nothing was delivered.I went ahead with the purchase in person as it was just a bed, mattress, and nightstand however, I will look elsewhere to furnish the rest of the home if this is how IKEA does business

I liked: Cashier was pleasant.

I didn't like: Order cancellation policy.

2.9
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $99
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.