Verified Buyer

Featured Not resolved

Update by user Mar 23

I went on linked and contacted the CEO of Ikea out of desperation and surprisingly either he or someone who works for him responded to my email and forwarded it over to the CR or Customer Relations Department of Ikea. I was offered a $75 gift card and assured that once the store reopens I will promptly receive my refund.

So far this is step in the right direction, all though it remains to be seen if and when I will be getting my money back. Fingers crossed.

Update by user Mar 19

I have provided a video explaining the situation as well.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7QRV4IEf9k

Original review posted by user Mar 18

On March 2nd I place an online order to have furniture from the Columbus Blvd Ikea delivered to my address. I paid for expedited shipping to have furniture delivered the same day.

Expo Delivery, Ikea's furniture courier, contacted me and stated the delivery van containing my furniture had been impounded by the Police and that they would contact me within 24 hours to reschedule a delivery. They never contacted me. I called Ikea on March third, and asked to have the order cancelled and to be refunded the full amount, plus the expedite shipping fee. I was told to expect a refund in 2 business days.

It is now March 18 and I still haven't gotten my money back. I have made repeated attempts to call the stores internal management number only to have no one pick up, be placed on hold for 30 minutes or longer or to be hung up on. I've called the customer service line and left message after message only to be told no managers are available and someone would call me back, which hasn't happened. I was also told by one representative my refund was processed wrong some kind of way.

All I want is my money back. I don't live close enough to this Ikea to travel there. They keep saying my refund was processed and sent back to my payment method but I have not received it.

I paid using Cash App, which is an instant payment method. They don't process and hold funds for any longer than 2 days.

User's recommendation:
Don't order online through Ikea. Their Delivery Service is unreliable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Delivery Service.

Ikea Pros: Cheap furniture, Unreliable delivery.

Ikea Cons: Staf behaviours are rude, Delivery, Unable to deliver on time, Dishonest employees, Wrong information.

Comments