Style and Design

Had I known the delivery company IKEA works with and it’s telephone support network was so sub-par, I would have saved myself the 4 hours I spent waiting for my order today and simply gone to the store. After not receiving any update on my order past my due delivery time, I called IKEA customer service only to be informed that my item had not been collected that morning.

If that was the case, it would have been really considerate had someone contacted me to let me know rather than leaving me to wait all day and requiring me to call up to find out where my items were. Sandy, the customer service representative I called then assured me my items would be delivered on Monday evening and I would be able to receive a shipping refund if I stayed on the line. Of course, as soon as she tried to transfer me the call dropped so I spent a further 50 minutes on hold trying to reach a new representative only to be told it wasn’t IKEA’s responsibility but the shipping company and I would have to reschedule directly with them. I’m absolutely disgusted with the level of customer service I have received from the company and the company IKEA uses to ship your products.

As far as I am concerned, I paid IKEA for my order and my shipping, therefore it is IKEA’s responsibility to deliver my order in full at the scheduled time and if not, IKEA should have let me know instead of wasting my day. It’s not long till my baby is due, the furniture I ordered was for the nursery and I’m supposed to be having friends around tomorrow to help me set up everything and have fun getting ready for the arrival of my baby. I am so upset and disappointed that I have to cancel this due to IKEAs incompetence. The items I ordered from Target and Walmart on the very same day arrived over a week ago...and the shipping was free.

This is absolutely the last time I ever order anything from IKEA online and the experience has left me feeling so let down I honestly don’t think I ever want to give any money to this store again. As a European, myself and my family have always used IKEA furnishings for our homes, and my husband has furnished several rental properties with IKEA products but in the future I think I’ll be relying on more reliable businesses who can actually follow through with a promise once taking my money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Home Delivery Service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 08.

Comments