Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I placed an on-line order today for furniture with Ikea.About an hour after the purchase I changed my mind and tried to cancel the transaction.

I COULD NOT DO IT. They wouldn't allow it. There is no option on-line to cancel. The only way is to call their 888 phone line and go insane while you listen to their recorded sales pitch and earthy crunchy PSA's on loop for hours (kill me now!).

I literally spent hours on hold this morning. When someone (usually very rude) did answer, the response I got was "we are having unusually high call volume today, and you are in the wrong dept anyway so I can't help you. Let me get you over to the right dept." Then more "save the earth" PSA's while on perma-hold for another hour only to be told the same thing yet AGAIN. Gaaaaah!

I even tried to get someone from on-line "chat" to help me. No luck. Their only interest and function is to help you place an order so they can get your money. They said to cancel you have to call the 888 number---you know, the one no one will answer.

Finally, after hours on perm hold, someone answered (@ 1:30pm) and cancelled my order, but they did not credit my account. So now they have my money and I can't get it back. They tell me it could take up to 7 days. What?

It didn't take you 7 days to debit my account though, did it? Nope--- you got that money in minutes when I placed the order. Horrific experience and I still don't have my money back.

Folks, get your furniture (the real stuff--not Ikea junk) at Raymour and Flannigan. That's what I should have done in the first place.

While on hold with Ikea, I actually ordered all the furniture I needed from R & F.

Lovely, responsive CSR's who facilitated my order by picking up the phone, taking my order, helping with selection and acting like they really wanted my business.I didn't even spend that much more.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ikea Customer Care
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $675
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.