2.8
Style and Design

For over 10 years, I have loved shopping at IKEA for everything from rec room storage solutions, to breakfast room furniture, to dorm room shopping for oldest. However, it is definitely a day trip.

The closest IKEA is over an hour away and the traffic is frustrating, so when I was eyeing a 4 piece media unit online, I decided to have it delivered. Since it was on sale, it made the $170 delivery fee not so bad. The day of the delivery, the driver was an hour late from the window provided and I called the company info given in my email, and they could not reach the driver; thus, I was late picking up my daughter from school. Of course, that's not IKEA's fault, just the company they contract with.

That day however, I also tried calling IKEA and waited on hold for 25 minutes, never getting through. In the end, I ordered four pieces of furniture and three of them had damaged and/or missing pieces. So I waited until all pieces were completed so I only had to make one phone call to IKEA (after my last experience of waiting) and waited on hold for 45 minutes! Again, never getting through.

So, I went online and filled out a detailed "broken/missing parts form" listing every part number, page number in the accompanying manual etc. That was Dec. 15, then I get a return email asking which parts I needed? So I re-stated all of the parts I needed.

And they said 5-7 business days. Of course, I host Christmas with a faulty looking media center, I allow extra days for the holidays, then I responded to the email asking where my parts were? I got another email with new reference numbers. It is now Jan.

12 and still no missing parts or shelf to replace broken one! Of course I am frustrated, but I am seriously ashamed that I used to recommend this store and these products to my friends!

I am also relieved this happened before we remodeled our kitchen using their quartz counter tops, as I already had them picked out! Ugh....

Review about: Ikea Entertainment Center.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Products offered.

I didn't like: Online orders customer service sucks.

Comments