1.9
Style and Design

I bought a wardrobe for my Grandson. It was to be delivered on a certain date and time.

That date came and left. The wardrobe was not delivered. There was no text, call or email explaining why the wardrobe was not delivered. So my daughter rescheduled for the next week on a Tuesday after 5pm after work.

The day before the delivery, on a Sunday they changed the time to 9am through 9pm. My daughter couldn’t take off work. I called IKEA to explain that my daughter had been promised after 5pm and couldn’t be at home. The customer service rep said that ikea could do nothing about it.

The delivery service was another company altogether. So I asked to talk to the manager. He was a smug uncompromising person. He said I had 3 choices change the delivery date, fail the delivery or cancel the order.

I asked to talk to someone else. Since the original problem had not been our fault, I felt that ikea should work with us on a time that worked for us. The person would not let me talk to anyone else. So I called the delivery service.

They were sympathetic and called ikea to ask for some flexibility on the delivery. Ikea would not work with their own delivery service. So I tried to cancel the order. I got customer service.

They put me on hold for the sales department. I was on hold over 50 minutes. I finally hung up. My daughter got a call from the driver who said delivery would be in 15 minutes.

My daughter told them to leave it on the steps of her house. They did. If it were not for that one driver, we would still be trying to have it delivered. Ikea has no regard for the customer.

They are inflexible about delivery. I paid for the distinct displeasure of ikea blaming the delivery service and the delivery service having their hands tied by ikea.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Customer, Very poor customer service, Truly bad delivery, Poor order communication.

Comments

A $29 wardrobe ? I'd like to see that.