1.7

First experience with Ikea, will be my last at least online buying. I live 30 miles from my nearest Ikea, instead of driving in bad traffic to get there, I decided to order online thinking it would arrive in a fair amount of time and seeing I was within 1 to 2 hours from the nearest Ikea Dist. Center (online orders ship from these) and the $9 delivery fee, I thought no brainer right? Wrong!

I ordered a small computer desk, was given a delivery date around 5 days later, no updates on delivery till day 4, received shipment notification then for 2 days+ all it said was "Pending" meaning it never left the Dist. Center, est. delivery date never was met. I contacted Ikea Customer Support and got no response, did not bother calling them because I read they were just as bad on the phone.

So here it is 2 days past the est. delivery date and a week since I ordered the item with no idea when it will arrive. You'd think in this day and age with Amazon, that companies like Ikea would get their act together, but this isn't the case. I ordered furniture from other online sources, Amazon, Overstock and etc.., and never had an issue. The Customer Service and order confirmation + tracking was always spot on and great.

I will never ever order anything online again from Ikea and with hindsight being 20/20, would have just drove to the nearest store and bought the item in person because I'd have it by now.

Review about: Ikea Home Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Worst customer service, Unable to deliver on time, Aweful response time to customer concerns.

Comments