I ordered the Ecktorp sofa online on 11/25/17 with delivery to be 12/18/17, a Monday which is my one week day off. When I had heard nothing about delivery by the Friday before, I tried calling the customer service number.

Automated answering with the same messages over and over and over again with no human answering. The longest I waited before I gave up was 34 mins. Since I couldn't get an answer I went to the store that Friday night. The Home Delivery desk was unstaffed and undergoing renovations.

Finally someone came and she could not find my order on the computer because I had no order number because they never emailed me a receipt for my purchase or confirmation. Finally she found it and gave me a receipt with a number on it and told me I had to now call the customer service number to find out details about the delivery. She told me my date was only an "estimated" date and that I would only be called the night before the delivery and given a 4 hour delivery window. I would never have ordered it for delivery if I had known any of this.

I would have just borrowed my brother-in-law's truck and gone to the store and gotten it myself. I learned from the receipt that it had been shipped from the distribution center on 12/13 so I assumed that meant it was on its way. Well, the 18th came and went with no phone call/no delivery. Repeated calls to the customer service number were just a waste of time, because once again, I was put on hold and never talked to a live person.

So, went back to the store on 12/23 and explained the situation all over again and asked if I could just cancel the delivery and pick up the sofa in the store with my receipt that showed I paid for it. I was told NO, you have to cancel it through the customer service number and then they have to contact the delivery company and cancel it and then it would be taken to the very store I was in and then I would get a refund. I pretty much had a melt down because the number she gave me looked like the one I had been calling and calling without anyone answering. She pointed out it was a different number supposedly just for online orders ( it only varied by three digits from the other number ).

I went back to my car and called the "new " number and actually had someone answer. Explained everything to her and then she put me on hold to contact the delivery company to cancel. She never came back on the phone, so I had to hang up, got a different person to whom I had to explain all over again because " they don't/can't communicate between different service agents." He supposedly cancelled it, gave me a cancellation number, and said I would have a refund in 7 to 10 days depending on my bank. Well, actually 16 days later ( there were four weekend days and two holidays in there ) I still had NO refund.

Had to have my sister call for me because I was at work. She was on hold for ONE HOUR AND SIX MINS before someone answered. Gave the info all over again and was told that the delivery company was never contacted ( after she was put on hold for 15 mins ) and therefore no refund was put through. Yes, they failed to do their job but I am the one who has suffered.

Now they have promise to refund the money by 1/16/18 which will put it at 24 days AFTER I cancelled the order.

AND OF COURSE PER THEIR POLICY I WILL NOT GET MY $99 DELIVERY FEE BACK. I HAVE BEEN AN IKEA CUSTOMER SINCE THEY OPENED THEIR STORE IN PHOENIX, AZ AROUND 2006 AND I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN, NOT EVEN IN THE STORE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ikea Delivery Service.

I didn't like: Horrible customer service.

Comments