Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review
I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last year, and our youngest had been using the crib for less than 11 months when I noticed a huge defect- the bottom was bowing in the middle, quite significantly.
You should not be able to see the bottom board that the mattress sits on, but there it is, drooping down about 1/2 to 3/4 inches past the bottom of the rail.
Why is it doing this? Because this board, that is supposed to hold the weight of the mattress and the baby, is only attached to the crib frame by four smallish bolts in each of the four corners!! What in the world kind of poor design is that?
I am really surprised by this, because we actually had IKEA cribs for our twins who were born in 2009, and those (Leksvik) were seriously solid and well-designed. There was full support for the crib mattress and no sagging. We used them as cribs for 2.5 years then as toddler beds for a further 1 year, with NO PROBLEMS. So why did they change the design? Cutting Costs? Ugh!!
So as I write this blog, we are planning on taking the crib to Ikea tonight. There has been some delay to doing this because we already put the baby in another crib (actually, one of the aforementioned Leksvik cribs that his sisters had). I had contacted Ikea customer service when I first noticed this problem several weeks ago but there was some back and forth regarding the receipt/proof of purchase. So we are going up there tonight and we will see what they say. Honestly, I don't care that we bought it a year ago, I want my money back. This is obviously a defective product!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sundvik Crib
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "I have been a loyal IKEA SINGAPORE customer for a long time. But, today I had the worst customer service experience - not fully an IKEA TAMPINES issue, but more..."
- "This is the bull *** I have to put up with living at the WILLOWS in Glen Burnie MD owed By Morgan Properties this day we caught 7 mice in..."
- "Got a full set with powder French and pedicures with massage. This was on 7/22/16, noticed upon leaving that nail tech left edges of my finger nails with extra..."
- "I've known for quite sometime that there was a hacker on my internet service and using up my bandwidth. I've called Dish.network a couple times only to get "there's nothing..."
- "To all those who are in contact with the British ABC74 (fraud group) to rent or buy out of people: 1. All Leasing SBLCs , Can not be used as..."
- "I had my account deactivated today after putting in countless hours.I am a mother of 17month old baby girl which is the reason I even used Swagbucks. I was using..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."