Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review
I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last year, and our youngest had been using the crib for less than 11 months when I noticed a huge defect- the bottom was bowing in the middle, quite significantly.
You should not be able to see the bottom board that the mattress sits on, but there it is, drooping down about 1/2 to 3/4 inches past the bottom of the rail.
Why is it doing this? Because this board, that is supposed to hold the weight of the mattress and the baby, is only attached to the crib frame by four smallish bolts in each of the four corners!! What in the world kind of poor design is that?
I am really surprised by this, because we actually had IKEA cribs for our twins who were born in 2009, and those (Leksvik) were seriously solid and well-designed. There was full support for the crib mattress and no sagging. We used them as cribs for 2.5 years then as toddler beds for a further 1 year, with NO PROBLEMS. So why did they change the design? Cutting Costs? Ugh!!
So as I write this blog, we are planning on taking the crib to Ikea tonight. There has been some delay to doing this because we already put the baby in another crib (actually, one of the aforementioned Leksvik cribs that his sisters had). I had contacted Ikea customer service when I first noticed this problem several weeks ago but there was some back and forth regarding the receipt/proof of purchase. So we are going up there tonight and we will see what they say. Honestly, I don't care that we bought it a year ago, I want my money back. This is obviously a defective product!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sundvik Crib
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "I have been a loyal IKEA SINGAPORE customer for a long time. But, today I had the worst customer service experience - not fully an IKEA TAMPINES issue, but more..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "THIS REVIEW IS FOR ANTWERPEN TOYOTA, CLARKSVILLE, MD: I DESPERATELY NEED TRANSPORTATION! I Purchased a 2012 Prius in November 2015 with a $2000 CASH Down Payment, as the Toyota Dealer Refused my..."
- "Horrible, Ruined my Valentine's day. Pre-ordered an expensive arrangement to deliver on Valentine's Day to my wife's work to surprise her, got text that it delivered. When my lady got..."
- "This is horrible lines so long now that they have electronic teller. Once the money fell out of drive thru and had to pull up track down some $20's on..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."