601 SW 41st St, Renton, WA 98057, USA

I have exhausted every fiber in my body trying to resolve an online order that was placed back in January 2017.My son was moving into a brand new apartment in Lynnwood, WA and he wanted to purchase furniture from IKEA to furnish their new apartment.

So, once he selected the items online and placed them in the online cart, I logged on and paid $2200.00 for the items with a scheduled delivery date of approximately 3 weeks from the date of the order. Feb. 8 or 9 came and when the delivery showed up, it was missing the couch and 2 lamps. My son being the patient person that he is placed numerous calls and kept getting the run around.

So finally, I intervened only to be given the same treatment. I first spoke to a gentleman named Brenden and explained our frustration. He explained the lamps were FedEx and were due to be delivered on Feb. 27th.

I won’t begin to tell you how ridiculous this is. This type of shipping arrangements for 2 lamps is unacceptable. I paid for them in full back in Jan. 22nd, but we can’t have them shipped until Feb.

27th. Next the couch. Brenden looked over the case notes and called Dynamex while having me on hold. Dynamex confirmed they found the couch in their warehouse and they would be delivering the couch to my son today, February 21, 2017.

Last night when my son didn’t hear from Dynamex on the delivery window, he called them and was told that they no longer deliver in the Seattle area as of today and have shipped the couch back to IKEA. In addition, at the time I spoke to Brenden, he said he was going to credit the $129.00 in full for the shipping cost and issue a credit of $50.00 to my son for the inconvenience. This brings me to today. I placed my first call this morning at 9:30 am and spoke to Dora who somehow cut us off (but she called me back), however, ultimately, she never came back to the line.

I called back through the (800) 434-4532 to speak to her and was told she was away from her desk and could someone else help me. I’m currently once again on hold with another team lead who has confirmed that Brenden never noted either of the case files with the credit for the shipping for the $50.00 credit. So, here is the final resolution according to Nicole of IKEA. The lamps are now being FedEx out on Feb.

22nd and can’t tell us when they’ll be delivered and the couch won’t be shipping from the warehouse until Feb. 25th with no ETA on when it will be delivered to my son. I have now cancelled the order. This is where I draw the line.

I work for a major electric company in the United States and customer service is paramount to our business as it should be to yours. Each and every time either my son or I attempted to chase these items down, we were given different stories and nothing was ever documented in the case files as we were told by the last associate, so it’s a he said, she said situation. IKEA had no problem accepting payment in full for furniture back in January, however, my kids have had to do without because your customer service teams made it clear, IKEA has two companies, 1 – online and 1 – store. Because they placed the order on line (they both work full-time jobs, go to school full-time), IKEA couldn’t find a way to get a couch delivered to them from the store because it was purchased online.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in all of my 53 years in business. I’ve given enough of your associates opportunities to fix the issues, I requested to speak to the next level of management, but told that wasn’t possible, so I see no other recourse but to send you this email directly.

I will also be sharing my experience with IKEA online for others, so they know what they are in store for if something isn’t on the truck.It is very unfortunate that IKEA has lost what use to be 2 very loyal customers.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ikea Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / $1000
Preferred solution Deliver the merchandise

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.