Brooklyn, New York

You need a suction cup to change a lightbulb?

I purchased a set of 4 individual GRUNDTAL lights for over my wardrobe. When I got home, I found out that the lights required additional cords and device to connect them that was not indicated on the package.

But the kicker is that because the bulb fits so snugly into the shield around it, it requires a little suction cup to change the lightbulb (which is supplied with the light). I tried and I tried, but I could not get the suction cup turn with the bulb. Despite being securely suctioned to the bulb, it came off every time. Thinking that perhaps just that bulb was stuck, I tried it with another GRUNDTAL light, but that did not work either.

This product, the GRUNDTAL light DOES NOT WORK. Save yourself the aggravation and DO NOT BUY IT.

It is incredible how IKEA is able to get away with selling a light for which it is impossible to change the lightbulb.

Review about: Grundtal Light.

Review #201303 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ikea?

Submit review

Comments

DERP

The brain is a wonderful thing. If you used it you could have discovered that wrapping some tape around your hand works just as well and would've taken a lot less time and effort than *** like a *** on a website. Cheers *** face.

FRED

The light bulb in your lamp is an MR16 -- it does NOT have a screw thread -- it has two pins -- you don't TURN it -- you PULL it out with the suction cup puller -- why do you think they include the suction cup puller