Oberlin, OH 44074, USA

Let me start by saying that we are long term IKEA customers, over the years, we bought bedrooms, sofas, tables, etc . About 2/3 of our furniture is IKE.

WE usually go to the local store and load the van, with the occasional delivery when an item is not available in the store. We had no delivery problems in the San Diego area, always on time, driver called ahead. So when we got a small vacation home in Ohio, we decided to order beds, dining set and other pieces and have them delivered there the day after our arrival. The closest store is 2 hours away and the order was too big to fit in our minivan.

We got an email on 8/20 telling us that our order had been shipped and that the estimated date was still 8/27, between 9am and 9 pm but the driver would call with a narrower time frame. We made sure that there would always be someone home during that day. Noon came, no call yet. 4:00 pm, still nothing.

I called IKEA, got a very helpful assistant who explained to me that it was a local company, STI, in charge of the delivery. She gave me their contact info and told me to call her back if any problems. I called STI, the woman (I won't call her a lady!) who answered was rude and arrogant. She said that they didn't care about the dates given by IKEA, they were doing their own schedule and would deliver when it was convenient to them!!!

She pretended that she couldn't tell me when the delivery would be made, only again when it would be convenient for them if they had trucks going our direction. I managed to make her admit that the order arrived in their warehouse on 8/24 and that the warehouse was only 37 miles from our house. She even added, Well if you want your order, just come pick it up yourself!! and hung up.

Before that, I also tried to give her a second phone number, just in case, she refused to take it, claiming that they could enter only one. I called IKEA back, they tried to contact STI from their side and apparently got the same treatment.

We finally got a message 2 days later, scheduling a delivery for 8/30, between noon and 4:00 pm, almost a week after our order arrived to their delivery center. My husband called them to confirm and he was told that it was between 12:30 and 4:30 pm., and that the message gave the wrong time, and that the driver would call when 30 mins away. We were on our way back to the house a few minutes after noon, when we got a text at 12:08 that the order had been delivered!

Called their office again, worried that they delivered to the wrong address and they confirmed that the driver just dropped everything off before noon!!!! Luckily, he was smart enough to put everything on the back porch, out of sight, and we arrived probably no more than 5 mins after he left.

So, no respect of their own schedule, no consideration for the customer. I don't understand why a company like IKEA would contract with this kind of people.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Refund of our shipping fee and air mattresses we had to buy while waiting for our beds..

Comments