Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Ikea customer service - PAX wardrobe

Unbelievably poor customer service and information. we purchased over $1,000 worth of a wardrobe system and for 35 days we waited to hear about delivery - we called several times to inquire and were told to be patient or to return it! return what? we never received it. after speaking with several departments, on hold for several hours to get through, i finally gave up and will try to cancel the order. for a large company their customer service attitude was terrible and would never purchase from them again. i'm told their product is cheap now I know their service is.

I bought the new BIRKELAND QUEEN BED FRAME in IKEA and I HATE IT. I AM DISAPPOINTED with this purchase I get purple spots on my legs almost everyday thanks to the corner legs frame.

Ikea queen size bed is bigger than regular queen size bed. The quality is very poor. It was a waste of time and money.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FURNITURES IN IKEA, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. the custumer service is really bad.

Loss

Ikea in Raleigh, North Carolina - Terrible customer service - unknowledgable rep lied

I placed an online order wanting to use 2 visa gift cards. The representative I talked to said that would be no problem. They were supposed to put the remainder of the order on my credit card but when I checked the statement all of it had been put on my credit card. When I called to resolve the issue they said they weren't able to charge it to multiple credit cards and that I had no options except to return it. They were not sympathetic and offered no solutions while wasting my time and money. I would not have initially made the purchase if they were not going to take the gift cards.

IKEA CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A *** JOKE

their customer service is absolutely ridiculous. i ordered a desk, it arrived missing a leg, which was almost 4 weeks ago. i notified them the same day. i still do not have the leg b/c of numerous errors on their part, first they put in a 'ticket' but did not actually put in an order for the leg....next, they marked it for 'truck' instead of fedex meaning it takes an extra week to ship to a carrier who then calls to schedule a delivery. BOTH times they had to go thru some ridiculous verification process to make sure the original delivery guy did not forget to deliver it. The bottom line is that i'm fine with companies making mistakes, but their service department has absolutely no ability to do anything besides punch buttons on the computer. no one can say 'hey i'll rush this'. in fact i asked if i could pay for expedited processing/shipping and all they said was 'i cannot promise anything'....this is absolutely ridiculous. no one there was rude, they just work for a *** company in terms of how they approach customers. like they *** on them. *** you ikea

I bought a bed from Ikea and when I got home I noticed that it was missing a rail which holds the slats in place.

I called them up and the sent a courier out with the missing part.

Was very satisfied with their service

Review

Ikea credit card tried to rip me off

The Bank of Santander who operates Ikea credit card in Spain phoned me every day for 2 weeks to say I owed them 45 euros. I told them that as I was working away from home I would need time to check with my bank why this bill was not paid automatically as usual. Today I went to my bank and found out that the demand from Ikea was originally for 11.40 and my bank had not received it till the 14th March instead of the 1st. As it was now classed as a late payment there was 30 euros surcharge placed on it. The bank paid it on the 14th. I phoned Santander and was told that my bank was lying about the late demand and they had returned the original demand due to lack of funds. To cut a long story short I returned to my bank who phoned the Bank of Santander who said they had not been phoning me chasing up money and they had been phoning me to offer me new products. 20 minutes before that call their credit department was telling me that I still needed to pay. Bank of Santander and Ikea are both on my list of companies that I will not trust in the future.

I used to work for IKEA. It is common that IKEA overcharges customers. Customers would buy one item and get charged for 3 or 4 of the same item. IKEA's view is if you don't catch us it's not our problem.

Avoid this from happening to you by not shopping at this **** of a store.

What is so appealing about compressed saw dust wrapped in plastic any way?

Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from these sleazy *** IKEA SUCKS big time. :(

Review

Rude staff ikea stoughton, ma

Unable to return purchase - very misleading return policy. Was met at the store by rude, arrogant staff followed by a rude manager. I was unable to return a purchase because the box had gotten slightly wet - although the contents were completely dry. I never opened the box - when I brought the purchase home I discovered that (at the advice of the ignorant, lazy sales person) that it was the wrong size. I would not recommend Ikea to anyone. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for - that goes for the service too. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY - BEWARE OF PHONY RETURN POLICY. When you try to complain you are answered by a poorly scripted complaints stepford person.

I had a similar experience at this Ikea. The staff there is god aweful.

They are SO RUDE and offer no help. I would NEVER in a millions years EVER think about going back to this particular Ikea.

The way they treat customers is criminal. Ikea is horrible with customer service.

Ikea in Tampa, Florida - Bad service

I am a long time costumer of ikea,however this is the first time I shopped at the ikea in tampa, this time my experience was horrible. I paid to have my items delivered. I live about 40 minutes away and had to wait for a week to receive my delivery, only to discover they did not deliver all the parts I needed....so I wasent able to assemble anything. the instore experience was also bad, there were no attendants at the showroom to ask questions to, and during my check out the cashier charged me for 6 dressers when in fact I only had three, Which meant I had to get on another line and wait to have my money returned. I will never shop at ikea again, not to mention the hot dogs where terrible.. any other furniture place would be Worth the extra cash!

Ikea really screwed up an order

I guess I'm not the first one to complain about the customer service at ikea I'm helping a friend install a kitchen at his home and about to return everything back to them and never shop there again. it started off they went to make the purchase on a debit card and it didn't go through yes that was our problem well they stated that they then couldn't take a payment over the phone so the store is 2.5 hours away so my friend goes back and ends up talking to another kitchen planner who changes the order by 1500 short then charges 150 for shipping well we waited a month and a half for it to show up and things where wrong and short a lot of things so they call to correct it they added one cabinet to the order the store was out of stock on some drawer fronts which now they are still out of stock on and have no clue when they are supposed to get more,it could be months. so to correct there mistake i drove down to make sure everything was OK because every time i talked to anyone on the phone which was very hard to do they could not give me a straight answer on the order got there the order still wasn't right so on top of all this they tried to charge a second delivery fee which we got them to return i think I'm being reasonable to say after 3 months and it still not being resolved the least that should be returned is the initial drop off fee this has pushed back other work that i was going to start costing me money. tell me if u think i should proceed with anything else
Loss

Ikea really screwed up an order

I guess im not the first one to conplain about the customer service at ikea im helping a friend install a kitchen at his home and about to return everything back to them and never shop there again. it started off they went to make the purchase on a debit card and it didnt go through yes that was our problem well they stated that they then couldnt take a payment over the phone so the store is 2.5 hours away so my friend goes back and ends up talking to anouther kitchen planner who changes the order by 1500 short then charges 150 for shipping well we waited a month and a half for it to show up and things where wrong and short a lot of things so they call to correct it they added one cabinet to the order the store was out of stock on some drawer fronts which now they are still out of stock on and have no clue when they are supposed to get more,it could be months. so to correct there mistake i drove down to make sure everything was ok because everytime i talked to anyone on the phone which was very hard to do they could not give me a streight answer on the order got there the order still wasnt right so on top of all this they tried to charge a second dilivery fee which we got them to return i think im being reasonable to say after 3 months and it still not being resolved the least that should be returned is the intial drop off feethis has pushed back other work that i was going to start costing me money. tell me if u think i should procede with anything else
Review

Ikea no customer complaints dept

first time i have used ikea and the last. let down with the delivery and got a couldn't care a less attitude from some thing at customer service. be warned if you encounter a problem with ikea they have no means to resolve it, very backward not even an email address!southampton england branch, seems their not good in any country. i have taken the time to put a poster up at work to highlight the problems you could face in the hope people will take the time to try out customer services in a company before they buy from them.

I had exactly the same response from Ikea when I phoned with a complaint around delivery.

This is in the US, not the UK but it seems that their poor customer service is universal.

Not our problem approach was pathetic and I'll never shop there again and tell my friends the same.

Ikea in Birmingham, England - Faulty Candles - Tindra

I decided to use this candle for the first time today and within 15 mins of being lit the surface was swimming in wax and the table top was lit with a flame. I caught it just in the nic of time. Please DO NOT buy this product! I phoned up customer services and was told by the first person that they had heard of this happening before, the put through to someone else who tried to reassure me that it had not happened before. I was then told to use an email address to make an official complaint. It also cost me £1.50 to get the phone number for customer services only to be told they don't have anyone dealing with complaints apart from the email address.
Review
#220854 Review #220854 is a subjective opinion of poster.