Ikea tundra floor

389 of 502 Ikea Reviews
Oct 11, 2010
review #202191

It is the black and white flooring and it is awful!!My husband had a horrible time installing and he has put in lots of different flooring..this is totally defective material and it should not be sold in stores.

The floor doesn/t even lock like the Ikea installers said it should...We lost the receipt so now we are out $ Which we were trying to be econoical in the first place...do not buy! Anyone else have this problem?? Stay away from tundra flooring at IKEA!

A good buy gone bad!THanks for reading!Do not buy at IKEA!!

94dd174
Had an experience with IKEA?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
389 of 502 Ikea Reviews
Anam B

Sep 21, 2013

BUYER BEWARE- utter *** and all flooring is in the process of being discontinued. Paid a carpenter to install and said it was defective- tried to return and got the run around. Next step is contacting corporate. :(

smartypants1

Aug 09, 2013

Dumb people who can't even change a lightbulb shouldn't be installing flooring. This flooring is awesome i have it in my home for 5 years and it looks great.

1 0 Reply
Great floor

Aug 21, 2012

Put it down in my living room, hallway and dining room. Installs super easy and looks great. No problems after several weeks.

Kevin

Apr 04, 2012

I've installed IKEA Tundra in my home without any issues. Feel free to take a look at the article here over at my blog: IKEA Tundra Flooring

T.L.C. FLOORING

Dec 18, 2011

IVE INSTALLED ALOT OF LAMINATE AND HADWOOD FLOORING. I TRIED THIS *** THIS WEEKEND IT DID NOT LOCK TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO I PUT DOWN THE WHOLE ROOM 12' 14' THEN WALKED ON IT AND A BOARD IN THE MIDDLE POPED APART THEN ANOTHER ONE DID SO GUESS WHAT TAKE IT ALL BACK UP TO FIX IT..... TOTAL GARBAGE FLIMSEY CHEAP ***....

T Smith

Apr 23, 2011

Layed this flooring last weekend in my kids bedroom 25sqm.
Was easy to lay, instructions were very clear, and the flooring looks great (no gaps, or chips). So far it seems to be holding up well.
I did have a couple of chipped boards in the pack however I made sure I had an extra pack for such instances.
The house is an old house with unlevel floors, and un-square walls, however I spent a little extra time leveling the floor, and took my time cutting the boards to suit the walls.
Whole process took me 6 hrs

Brightonman

Apr 04, 2011

I'm halfway through installing this in a friend's flat. It's a complete and utter nightmare - nearly every box has at least one chipped board, the surface chips off at the corners incredibly easily when handling/laying, several boards have failed to lay without gaps. It's flimsy, and appears to be made of compressed cardboard.

It's taken me nearly as long to lay half a small square room and rectangular hallway as it did to do an entire level of my misshapen Victorian house in B&Q engineered floor, and it looks awful because of the fragile top layer chipping in corners.

I wouldn't touch Ikea Tundra with a bargepole again. Repeat: don't even go there. It's a false economy.

l. rosner

Dec 26, 2010

The worst floor possible. It's paper with a thin layer of lacquer. The seams come aprart and chip. I would like to file a lawsuit for misrepresentaion. The sample was sthicker and sturdier and the video made it look like a breeze. I have lost respect for IKEA. :(

j. gill

Nov 05, 2010

bought this flooring 3 yrs ago for our basement playroom. it was easy to put in (our 1st ever experience with flooring) and it has held up better than the flooring we bought for our dining room. it still looks brand new! with 5 children, 2 dogs and a cat, this floor gets heavy usage and cleans very easily and haven't had any problems even with many liquid spills.

H Haufher

Oct 23, 2010

We got the Tundra floor this year for our home office and it was an easy install and it looks great!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about IKEA.
Filing a new complaint about
×