• show-popup

Location Seattle, Washington
Category Furniture and Decor
Views 1435
Monetary Loss

It is the black and white flooring and it is awful!!My husband had a horrible time installing and he has put in lots of different flooring..this is totally defective material and it should not be sold in stores.

The floor doesn/t even lock like the Ikea installers said it should...We lost the receipt so now we are out $ Which we were trying to be econoical in the first place...do not buy! Anyone else have this problem?? Stay away from tundra flooring at IKEA!

A good buy gone bad!THanks for reading!Do not buy at IKEA!! 2e15771

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 21, 2013
BUYER BEWARE- utter *** and all flooring is in the process of being discontinued. Paid a carpenter to install and said it was defective- tried to return and got the run around. Next step is contacting corporate. :(
Reply to Anam B

Aug 09, 2013
Dumb people who can't even change a lightbulb shouldn't be installing flooring. This flooring is awesome i have it in my home for 5 years and it looks great.
Reply to smartypants1

Aug 21, 2012
Put it down in my living room, hallway and dining room. Installs super easy and looks great. No problems after several weeks.
Reply to Great floor

Apr 04, 2012
I've installed IKEA Tundra in my home without any issues. Feel free to take a look at the article here over at my blog: IKEA Tundra Flooring
Reply to Kevin

Dec 18, 2011
IVE INSTALLED ALOT OF LAMINATE AND HADWOOD FLOORING. I TRIED THIS *** THIS WEEKEND IT DID NOT LOCK TOGETHER LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO I PUT DOWN THE WHOLE ROOM 12' 14' THEN WALKED ON IT AND A BOARD IN THE MIDDLE POPED APART THEN ANOTHER ONE DID SO GUESS WHAT TAKE IT ALL BACK UP TO FIX IT..... TOTAL GARBAGE FLIMSEY CHEAP ***....
Reply to T.L.C. FLOORING

Apr 23, 2011
Layed this flooring last weekend in my kids bedroom 25sqm.
Was easy to lay, instructions were very clear, and the flooring looks great (no gaps, or chips). So far it seems to be holding up well.
I did have a couple of chipped boards in the pack however I made sure I had an extra pack for such instances.
The house is an old house with unlevel floors, and un-square walls, however I spent a little extra time leveling the floor, and took my time cutting the boards to suit the walls.
Whole process took me 6 hrs
Reply to T Smith

Apr 04, 2011
I'm halfway through installing this in a friend's flat. It's a complete and utter nightmare - nearly every box has at least one chipped board, the surface chips off at the corners incredibly easily when handling/laying, several boards have failed to lay without gaps. It's flimsy, and appears to be made of compressed cardboard.

It's taken me nearly as long to lay half a small square room and rectangular hallway as it did to do an entire level of my misshapen Victorian house in B&Q engineered floor, and it looks awful because of the fragile top layer chipping in corners.

I wouldn't touch Ikea Tundra with a bargepole again. Repeat: don't even go there. It's a false economy.
Reply to Brightonman

Dec 26, 2010
The worst floor possible. It's paper with a thin layer of lacquer. The seams come aprart and chip. I would like to file a lawsuit for misrepresentaion. The sample was sthicker and sturdier and the video made it look like a breeze. I have lost respect for IKEA. :(
Reply to l. rosner

Nov 05, 2010
bought this flooring 3 yrs ago for our basement playroom. it was easy to put in (our 1st ever experience with flooring) and it has held up better than the flooring we bought for our dining room. it still looks brand new! with 5 children, 2 dogs and a cat, this floor gets heavy usage and cleans very easily and haven't had any problems even with many liquid spills.
Reply to j. gill

Oct 23, 2010
We got the Tundra floor this year for our home office and it was an easy install and it looks great!
Reply to H Haufher

Read next IKEA complaint

Won't honor there returns on flawed product

Becareful what you purchase from IKEA.If there are flaws that you can't see when you purchase it due...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about IKEA.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug