Ikea Logan - Security Staff
I really wanted to send an email direct to the store regarding this matter but there is no facility on the website to do this and I imagine that phoning the store direct would be waste of time as the matter wouldn't be taken any further than the person who answers the phone.Anyway - I felt I needed to vent somehow.
While shopping with my daughter at Ikea Logan yesterday I had one of the worst shopping experiences of my life. In order to avoid the horrendous checkout lines we went through the self service checkouts. After putting my daughter's 14 items through and then my 5 items through and placing them altogether in a trolley a security guard appeared from nowhere and in a very hostile manner demanded to see our docket. We gave the dockets to him and started to explain the there were two dockets for two separate orders and we were told to "be quiet".
He then attempted to count the items (clearly unable to count beyond the number of fingers he has). He then called for a supervisor to come over. He told her that we had "forgotten" to scan several items and that she should take a look. The supervisor then counted the items and checked them against the docket to find that there were no missing items and that everything was in order.
The whole drama took about 5 minutes or so and we were made to feel like criminals by the security guard. I told the supervisor that the security guard was extremely rude to us and we left. After walking about 20 metres I turned around to see the security guard laughing!
I understand that Ikea may want to do random checks but there is definitely a polite way to do it without making the customer feel like a criminal.Great customer service guys - I doubt I'll be back!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "The product: http://www.mgdirect.co/Bed-Clothes_p_1447.html#This company, MG 'direct from china' is a fraud.I order ivory sheets bamboo certified,The product I received is of poor quality,dirty, with no certification or any description on..."
- "If you need a number to contact, here it is in the picture, i just spoke to them to chase mine up. If i dont hear anything back by tomorrow..."
- "You can take a base lvl 113 near maxed th9 and your ability to have people that care is ***..."
- "Dear Garcium, I am reporting this to the fraud team. I am not happy that you have taken hundreds of dollars from my card without consent! My name is..."
- "There was a rock in my food luckily I don't chew hard or I would have broken my *** tooth!!! The lady told me to stop at the first window..."
- "Do yourself a huge favour and walk away from TCI..a friend spent over $50K on their so called education and they could not give her the "diploma" she had signed..."
- "Purchased a sofa 3 years ago and is already falling apart! Furniture only has one year warranty and after that... To bad, ""sorry,we are the equivalent of a Ross clothing..."