I really wanted to send an email direct to the store regarding this matter but there is no facility on the website to do this and I imagine that phoning the store direct would be waste of time as the matter wouldn't be taken any further than the person who answers the phone.Anyway - I felt I needed to vent somehow.
While shopping with my daughter at Ikea Logan yesterday I had one of the worst shopping experiences of my life. In order to avoid the horrendous checkout lines we went through the self service checkouts. After putting my daughter's 14 items through and then my 5 items through and placing them altogether in a trolley a security guard appeared from nowhere and in a very hostile manner demanded to see our docket. We gave the dockets to him and started to explain the there were two dockets for two separate orders and we were told to "be quiet".
He then attempted to count the items (clearly unable to count beyond the number of fingers he has). He then called for a supervisor to come over. He told her that we had "forgotten" to scan several items and that she should take a look. The supervisor then counted the items and checked them against the docket to find that there were no missing items and that everything was in order.
The whole drama took about 5 minutes or so and we were made to feel like criminals by the security guard. I told the supervisor that the security guard was extremely rude to us and we left. After walking about 20 metres I turned around to see the security guard laughing!
I understand that Ikea may want to do random checks but there is definitely a polite way to do it without making the customer feel like a criminal.Great customer service guys - I doubt I'll be back!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "All we wanted were three matching bar stools, but the third was cut wrong (one of two supports for chair cut three inches short). We had to drive 25 miles..."
- "We ordered pizzas from the Penrith store. Firstly we couldn't get through on the website so we went to the store to order and complained about the lack of service..."
- "diamond-deal-au sell diamond rings without putting the proper description in the body of the advertising. Instead, they put it down the bottoms in the "terms & conditions". This..."
- "Warning! DO NOT EVER BUY FLOWERS FROM 'The Flower Shoppe Westmead'!!! My boyfriend is overseas and ordered some flowers to be delivered to my house. He provided the house number..."
- "Joel Tovel is now working at San Francisco Bay Area -Wealth Management at COMERICA SECURITIES INC. - COMERICA SECURITIES INC. He was fired from Merrill Lynch for running a Ponzi scheme..."
- "Cindy Schreiner of Cindy's Cinful Confections (54 Sherman Street, Lynbrook, New York 11563 - 516.510.5040) is a Donald Trump supporting racist. I am a Muslim and requested cupcakes..."
- "My wife and I spent the better part of 2 years looking for the right 5th wheel. We found it in the 34 TSRE. We took our trailer on a..."